JAB JAB.. age 54

Had my first oxford jab two days ago, first 24 hours I was fine but then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Felt wiped out and every bone ached. As the day progressed I swear I could actually feel the aching moving down my body as it worked its way through. At one point late afternoon I tried to stand up and walk and the pain was so intense I had to sit right back down again (even the wife was concerned!). Aged 54 with no underlying conditions and normally rarely ill. Today its now just a little fatigue and a slightly hazy mind.

Allegedly this could be down to having had the virus in the past, I never tested positive during the last year but i was ill with similar symptoms about 2-3 months before it became widespread here

My wife was as you describe back in October 19, she reckons it could have been Covid. Back then we said if you go see the Doc he/she will only tell you you have a virus, go home and rest and drink plenty of fluids etc etc.:roll_eyes:
Missus also had a day of fatigue after her jab in February, me I just felt like Iā€™d had a night on the beer (I wish) with a mild hangover until midday the following day.
Others, friends family report varying degrees of feeling fatigued for short periods.

I had covid19 in November,
But no effects from vaccine.
I suppose itā€™s different for everyone ( brother in law said, even his teeth hurt :astonished::grimacing::rofl::rofl:)

1 Like

Iā€™m 58, had Covid in Jan (really donā€™t recommend it, however Iā€™m still here and thatā€™s what matters) and have had some ā€˜longish covidā€™ symptons since.

I had my OAZ vaccine exactly 24 hrs ago and so far itā€™s a sore arm and a thirst which is being managed with large cups of tea.

Since I had the vaccine I have felt better which is obviously a psychological effect. Have been having some major life stresses at the same time which are being managed/got past/light in the tunnel etcā€¦ the power of the mind in all this is often overlooked.

5 Likes

Had my second jab on Tuesday :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: just before turning 55 this Friday :gift::gift::gift::gift::gift:
Again I had no ill side effects at all :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

Mrs B was quite poorly again with 2nd jab :flushed:

1 Like

Iā€™m 59 and get my 2nd one on the 8th June! :slight_smile: Only side effect was a slightly sore arm a couple of days later when I had my 1st oneā€¦ Will be glad to get 2nd one done though :slight_smile:
Rob

I had my second jab nearly 5 weeks ago. A couple of days afterwards I started getting numbness in both arms and particularly down to my fingertips. Still suffering as I type this, itā€™s not a major issue but itā€™s there, never had it pre Covid jab.

I spoke with the nurse at the doctorā€™s surgery as I had to have a telephone review about my asthma, she said give it another 1-2 weeks if still suffering see the Doc. Sheā€™s not heard of anyone reporting this numbness, coincidence, could be but need find out why.

1 Like

Hi Geoff, Iā€™ve been same as you? Zero side effects (had 2nd jab on the 13th) but my Mrs B was off work with it for a few days :thinking: worse reaction than her 1st one. Strange how we all have different reactions. Sheā€™s just glad to have had both doses and feels that the side effects are worth enduring for (hopefully) the protection the vaccine provides?

Barrie

1 Like

I too have had both (AZ) mid-60ā€™s, and told on both occasions to wait 15 minutes and put on hazard lights if I felt unwell. As mentioned in this thread, the psychological impact is strongly positive. My side effects were lower back pain for 2/3days afterwards, 2nd jab worse than the 1st and then OK.

2 Likes

2nd AZ jab last week, aged 54. (Got a call as they had a last minute cancellation) .
Fine the next day, day after that very achy and a bit snuffly. Nothing major, then fine again the next day.

Originally my 2nd Jab was booked for mid june, but on the day they announced they were now changing it to 8 weeks I went straight online and cancelled and rebooked and had my 2nd 9 days ago and glad to report no side effects this time.

Having checked with others it looks like the main reactions are first Jab for AZ but second jab for Pfizer.

1 Like

Yup, rebooked mine too and all done, had some cold type symptoms but I think that was literally a cold :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Had my second one on Wednesday morning. (61)
Minimal side effects with the first one, only a bit of a snuffly nose, but got aching joints and cold symptoms this time that started 24hrs after the jab, and are still with me today.
Well worth it though and a big thank you to all those involved in the whole incredible vaccination operation, especially the volunteers working outside given the rubbish wet weather weā€™ve had.

4 Likes

2nd AZ dose yesterday and aside from a slightly raised temperature no significant symptoms, just like my 1st dose. Hope that continues as I donā€™t want to spend the Bank Holiday in bed; Iā€™d rather be ill on work time than my own. :smiley: Wasnā€™t originally due for another week or two but I got the message that I could re-book and took the first appointment I could get. Very slick operation at Hemel Hempstead hospital, canā€™t fault them.

2 Likes

Iā€™m 59 and got an email this afternoon offering me an earlier appointment - Was going to be on Tuesday 8th of June, but now is happening this weekend on Sundayā€¦! :slight_smile:
Rob

4 Likes

Iā€™m 66, and had my second jab a few weeks ago. Totally painless procedure, and apart from a tender muscle in the top of my arm for a day or two, no issues whatsoever.

I cannot for the life of me understand why some people are reportedly unsure about whether to get themselves protected or not - no brainer as far as Iā€™m concerned.

I heard on TV the other day that somebody posted on social media that the vaccine made you magnetic - what utter b******s !

4 Likes

Hi Chris, perhaps they thought it made them more ā€˜attractiveā€™ :nerd_face: as you say, itā€™s a no brainer really and generally, any discomfort or reaction is far outweighed by the benefit!

Stay safe

Barrie

3 Likes

Had my second yesterday, so far no side effects at all, even the arm is fine.

Spoke to my 88 year old mum last night, sheā€™s found out that her family owned pharmacist have all refused the vaccine ā€˜because it contains porkā€™. And these are intelligent people?

2 Likes

You think !?