Journey of a 19 year old NC1 owner

Is great just reading these latter posts… MX-5’s appeal to everyone of all ages young!
Good luck tomorrow Kiddo… not long now :slight_smile:

Rob

Congrats Op !!

To learn how to drive your car better consider joining your local IAM group or ROSPA group, for about £80 (maybe discounted because of your age) you will get petrol heads advising you on better driving techniques to make sure you stay on the road, and also use your “5” to it’s potential.

You may also benefit from cheaper insurance… which for you must be a killer

enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good write up. The car looks great. I am looking forward to hearing more from you on how you enjoy it.

Thanks Watchnut, I’ll take a look!

Thanks mate, very chuffed that I managed to find one in such good nick. Will defo post quite frequently I imagine, I absolutely adore these cars.

I have good news!

My test came back negative so I can pick the car up tomorrow! Woo!

9 Likes

Congrats.
Nice one :+1:

We look forward to hearing all about it when you get the chance.

Do you have a YouTube channel? It would be a treat to watch a video of you picking it up. :+1:

Excellent news! take it easy and have fun…

The video is a great idea. I think I’ll do it! I’ve made videos before so it shouldn’t be too difficult. Here’s the channel it will be uploaded to:

1 Like

That’s brilliant Matt. Thanks for the link. :+1:
I’ve subscribed and enabled notifications.

1 Like

Today is the day fellas!

Picking it up in just over 2 hours!

4 Likes

Have a great day today Matt :+1:

Good man.
Remember now: :wink:

Mirror

Signal

Maneuvre

10 -to -2 hands on wheel, and no ogling leggy chicks on the way home.

Ok…leggy chicks are ok for today.

5 Likes

Haha very good :rofl:

1 Like

That’s why I visit Scotland, for the leggy chicks, the missus is unaware.:grin:

4 Likes

Looking forward to reading your update on collection… You will probably be casting your eager eye over it right now as I type this… Hoping you enjoy your first day of MX-5 ownership…! :slight_smile:

Rob

Here we are! Got it picked up and in my drive!

The only issue with it is that I can’t get the stereo to output any sound, from radio or CD. It was working when I first saw the car so no idea why it isn’t working now. That aside, I bloody love it! I could not be more pleased!

I genuinely cannot believe I’ve managed to buy this, it’s still sinking in and I cannot wait for some better weather to take it out for a proper drive :grin:

5 Likes

Brilliant Matt. That’s great to hear.
Re: the sound issue, could it simply be a blown fuse?
Ooh, this means you get to do your first bit of tinkering you lucky lad :grin:

Lucky me eh? No idea how to change it but will have to look later, it’s not an urgent thing that needs fixing so eh. In the mean time isn’t it beautiful? So chuffed!

6 Likes

:astonished:

She’s getting wet! Quick, haven’t you got a big umbrella :umbrella:?
:grinning: :wink:

Joking aside, she gleams :ok_hand:

Enjoy.