Just Restored! My MK2.5 Sport

Looks FAB . As all have said, number plate great, however i’m thinking it may effect the cooling of the engine and ultimately  blow it up!! 

Not only that but I would be concerned about the effect on cooling. The radiator grill is there for a purpose.

Oops! I missed a page of the thread and people have already said this. Apologies .

I used to run “stick on” number plates on my Triumph Spitfires and Davrian (see attachment). Not sure if it would be legal now. Somebody on here is bound to know.

It is a beautiful car though and looks like an excellent restoration 

My thoughts exactly, Peter!

It won’t do that. What might happen is that the fan runs on a bit longer than it should and fail (worn bushes)

Been playing with the Snapspeed photo editing app…

There is some great software around to enhance photos.

I usually notice it when attracted to women I know that are at best mediocre but have sucessfully enhanced facebook photos of themselves. I don’t think this would work for me but would  avoid it on principle anywaySmile 

My vote is for picture No.2 - great enhancement but with artistic environment skillfully chosen. Softtop/Hardtop would publish it i’m sure.     

Your car looks lovely - I have 2 mk 2.5s (a ‘slightly’ rusty red 1.6 and a much less rusty blue JDM RS) as they remain my fav version (if only mk2s had pop up lights they’d be perfect…).

Re the comments on the number plate I was thinking of one of these stick on plates for my blue mk2.5 - they appear to be fully legal (says they comply with BS AU 145d specification, which I believe is the current standard on number plate construction).

http://www.mx5city.com/stick-on-number-plate

Never a truer word said!! ??

I still can’t decide if I like stick-on plates or not. ??

I like the look of those stick-ons. Go on, give it a go! 

My logic dictates try the stick ons without removing the current plate and see how you like it.

What’s the worst? Peel 'em off.

If you think about this, you only really look when you are not driving the car. So you need something like this for when you stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzWkYQqD1s

That’s the coolest thing I have ever seen!!! ??

Looking mint!

Great to see someone else who wants to save their car.

Can I please ask what you had your restorer focus on?  Mine had it’s sills 3 years ago, full under-sealing in 2018 and will be going for chassis rails in 2020.  Not sure what else I should get them to checkout.

I’ve trimmed 2" (50mm) off each end of the front numberplate. Fingers crossed that will improve airflow enough to make it not a worry…

Makes a refreshing change to see someone preserving & putting some money & effort into an nb. Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about a mechanically sound car overheating in our climate when it was primarily designed for use in much warmer conditions than we have.

Thank you! (I do love the NB shape!)

Good ol’ eBay! As-good-as-new hood cover for just £30. Very happy!! ??

The tonneau covers really tidy the car up when hood is down, car looks great, new plate is a great compromise too! I ran an oblong one in the grille area on my previous car, smaller than a legal one, never had overheating issues to be fair (yes I know it’s a mk3 )

Barrie

[quote=Bettabuilda]

Nice car!! 

I absolutely regret selling that one  thanks Darren

Barrie