Just went and kicked its head in... loving it 😍

Just been doing some touch ups today… went and kicked its head in round the estate… god I love this car…

7 Likes

Haha… That’s the spirit…! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Needs a headlight restoration so bad …

That can be done… I know some of the guys on here have successfully used cutting agent/polish to do theirs… - And got good results… :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

Think the photo hides them well… but there horribly yellow…

She looks great, glad you’re enjoying the MX5 rush…

1 Like

As stock yeah shes lovely ! Can’t wait to start changing bits and pieces… :heart_eyes:

headlamps will come up fine - just remember the UV lacquer once you have used the polish

2 Likes

Apparently, Armorall do a kit of wipes that does the job really quickly and easily.
I tried metal polish and all sorts and they all seem to work eventually.
Now they’re pretty good, I just give them a quick buff with wax polish every couple of months to keep the gleaming and crystal clear.
The polish keeps them clear and shiny and the wax inhibits any oxidation.
Works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! The photo just looks OK… they are quite yellow…

1 Like

Where did you get your bonnet bra ?

1 Like

No.idea it came with the car. Sorry :pensive:

Wondering where you keep the front number plate??

It was bolted on the side… ive taken it off and I’ve got a new one coming. Vinyl one for the front middle.

I have to ask, because its always puzzled me, what is the function of the sticky up bits on the nose cover ?
And I quite like the effect of that cover, although as an owner of an identical coloured NB facelift its the bumper you’ll get the stone chips on, that bit of the bonnet is not so much of a problem if its purely for protection, and not just for looking cool, (which it does) :grinning:

1 Like

I have no idea on the raised bits… but honestly don’t get one… id rather have stone chips. It ruins your bonnet… under the bra is alot of rubbing… and fade of the paint. Not worth it…

I thought perhaps they added downforce onto the front of the car

Or drag and slow you down. Lots of the “bras” seem to have them, and I’ve always wondered.

As much as they look nice… I dont recommend them. I need a new bonnet…