Krazy Horse – Jets & Arboretum - 8th May Mid Week Run

They say variety is the spice of life, well, that’s what today’s run will bring. First off a decent run largely on B roads heading south west from Norwich to Bury St. Edmunds and to Krazy Horse. For those who have never been there before you are in for a treat if you like big bikes, Caterhams and Morgans. They also do a great breakfast, so what a way to start the day.

Next we head to RAF Lakenheath Viewing Area. I hope you know your F-15E Strike Eagles from your F-15C/D Eagle aircraft. Now it’ll be a bit hit and miss, hopefully not literally, whether we see many jets landing but we’ll give it a go.

From there we’ll leave the noise of jets and move to a much calmer environment that is Lyndford Arboretum. Depending on time and enthusiasm we can venture forth amongst the trees. This is a place not only to admire some super trees, mainly conifers, but also for those who are ornithologists, oh the Bluebells may still be around. The relatively rare winter visitors, the Hawfinch, will probably be gone but we can keep are eyes open for our feathered friends. There is also the Shepherds Baa where we can enjoy a tea or coffee.**

Meet at B&Q South car park at 9.15am for 9.30 departure. We shall park up over to the right. Just over an hour’s run to Krazy Horse, Lamdin Road, Bury St. Edmunds IP32 6NU (Tel. 01284 749645). Then short drive to Lakenheath viewing area, IP27 0SJ. Later a short hop to Lyndford Arboretum IP26 5HW.

From there we shall make our way back to Norwich, to the junction of the Watton Road/B1108 and the A47, with members peeling off enroute or finding their own more direct route for home.

Reply to sign up for this run. David

David
Tamsin & Kevin - meeting B1113 New Buckenham
Laurie
Mick & Gella
Mark
Rona & Phil - Krazy Horse or New Buckenham
Pete
Geoff & Louise - Krazy Horse

1 Like

Hi David, Can you put Tamsin and I down for this trip please? We will decide nearer the time whether we meet you at start point or Bury. Cheers K & T.

Could you add me to the list please?
Will meet you at Krazy Horse.

Hi David,
Could you put me down for this please. I’ll meet up as usual at B&Q South.
Thanks, Laurie

Got you both down for this. Let me know where we’ll catch up with you.

Your name is on the list.
David

Bob,
I have added you to the list, fingers crossed for some good weather.

David

Hi David put me and Gella down for this on please, will meet you at B&Q

Mick,
Will add you and Gella to the list.
David

David, please add me to the list. I will be playing the appropriately named Osmonds song on the way. Thanks.
Mark

Mark,
You got me there, Osmonds? If it’s after 1970’ish then forget it.
Glad we had a catch up at today’s run. Will add you to the list.
David

Please add Phil and me to the list. Can you suggest an appropriate place to join you along the route as we don’t really want to go into Norwich to then drive back south again- thanks.

Can you add me to the list please David.

Rona and Phil. Will add you on to the list. You could join us at New Beckenham. Be there from 9.55am. We may not turn up to 10am. Just passing through on B1113. probably best to park up on Norwich side of the village with a view of long straight. Any problems see you at Krazy Horse info in my brief above. David

Pete,
I sure will do, welcome aboard.
David

David, Do you mean New Buckenham rather than New Beckenham ?? Just checking and looking at options for us :slight_smile:

New Buckenham.
Rona & Phil AND Tamsin & Kevin let me know where we’re likely to collect you. Easiest if you just tag on the end behind ‘Tail end Charlie’ which is usually Laurie in his silver Mk2.5.
David

Hi David, New Buckenham sounds like the ideal place to meet up. We will be on the B1113 straight (The Turnpike) Norwich side of New Buckenham ready to Rock & Roll from there at 09:55. Will drop in behind Laurie as you suggest. If we miss you for any reason we will see you at Krazy Horse. K & T.

David,
Sorry to mess you about. I now have to do a family related run to Hull next week, so no longer able to participate.
Best regards
Bob C

bob,
No worries, safe trip up North.

David