Lincolnshire area, Meets, shows and trips etc

Somewhere like the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa might be a good option?

1 Like

I know the area meets used to take place at a pub outside of lincoln.

if we use a pub or hotel it will need good parking!
wherever we go it will need good parking!

1 Like

At Woodcocks pub I believe?

1 Like

Definitely needs good and reasonably plentiful parking for us. Not been to any meets before as new to it so does permission by the hotel or pub needed to meet there?

not sure about woodcocks but yes, its a good idea to let the place know we are coming.
tho that depends on numbers i guess.
3 or 4 cars turning up shouldn’t be a problem but more than that then we should definitely let the venue know

1 Like

Yes was going to say makes sense too and then hopefully can get something of a repeatable nature

That sounds like a good plan Lee.

Petwood usually has plenty of parking… especially on a ‘school night’. The Woodcocks has ample parking and I guess they’re already used to a group turning up… as long as people are buying drinks I guess they’re not too worried either way!

2 Likes

I think either or would be a good starting point. Depending on how far people are away from each or want to travel. What night would suit people best?

I can’t do Fridays or Saturdays, any other day is fine!
tho to be fair, Fridays and Saturdays are probably a non-starter anyway as venues will be packed out with weekend customers.

1 Like

Good point would something mid week like a wednesday and thursday suit most better

I’m happy at either venue and any day of the week. I’d just have to check at the time if the selected day works around my other half’s shifts (for childcare) but don’t let that stop everybody else from agreeing a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice one what time will generally suit people as for me i don’t get home until around 5 or 6 oclock. However if i need to just arrive a bit late thats fine?

1 Like

Area is needing a coordinator if someone might be up for helping to pull things together?

1 Like

I had enquired about helping out aa joint AC but not heard much back yet. But yes having someone who can organise bits and pieces for everyone is needed and greatly appreciated. I have only been the club about a year but keen to have meets and do drives etc but need the guidance at the very least to start off with :slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies Lee, planned to get in touch and will text over weekend.
Paul

1 Like

No worries am free to talk anytime tomorrow over the phone :grin:

I finish work at 5pm so am free anytime after that.

1 Like

Depending where i am working meabs it varies for me but generally half 5 onwards maybe is doable for me👍

1 Like

Is anyone from The 'Shire heading up to Silverstone Classic later in the year btw? I’ve booked tickets and will be taking the car to display with the club. Should be a great event.

1 Like

When is it? Haven’t decided yet