Lincolnshire area, Meets, shows and trips etc

1 Like

Cheers mate looking at the dates i canā€™t make it unfortunately as i am away on holiday. But sounds good for sure :+1:

Hi Lee,

I am the current Area Coordinator (Technical) for Lincolnshire.

when you say youā€™ve ā€˜volunteered as an area coordinator for Lincolnshireā€™ have you applied through the MX5 owners club ?
The reason I ask is that Iā€™ve not been informed of this but Iā€™d be pleased to have a chat about whatā€™s involved, what we do, etc.

probably the easiest way to contact me is via email at simon@sandlpeck.plus.com

Regards

1 Like

Hi
Do we know if the monthly meeting is still on at the Woodcocks next Wednesday 25th ?
Regards

1 Like

There was an email a bit ago saying there was a need to have one and mentioned the joint role. Will drop you an email then

Thank you

Iā€™ll second that questionā€¦

1 Like

area coordinator!

I think it might help get the role filled if someone was to explain exactly what an area coordinator does and what would be expected of them.

I canā€™t speak for anyone else but I personally have no idea at all as to what the position would require!
so I think it might be helpful if we demystify things!

so whos going to the Doddington meet next Thursday?

MX-5 Owners Club Lincolnshire

Join us for a picnic at Doddington Hall and Gardens - 09.06.2022

Dear Jim,

A picnic has been arranged at Doddington Hall and Gardens for the afternoon on the 09.05.2022. Parking is easy and the extensive grounds just lend themselves to sitting in likeminded company. Bring a chair or picnic blanket, your own food and drink, or you can also purchase anything you need from the various outlets within the compound. The hall itself will not be open on that day but all other amenities, such as restaurants, shops and sanitary facilities will be available.

The organiser is aware that this date falls on a Thursday rather than the usual Sunday but it is hoped that there will still be many members interested in coming along and it is a tentative step forward to future events coming alive again.

The intention is to meet by 12:30pm, there is no need to book, just turn up, but please contact the organiser if you have any queries.

Doddington Hall is a magnificent stately home just east of Lincoln on the B1190. The address is Main Street, Boddington, Lincoln, LN6 4RU. Please do not use the car park at the opposite side of the hall but use the little road, marked for the shops, next to the hall gates and follow it through the shopping precinct (beware of pedestrians) to the rear of the hall where you will find plenty of parking spaces near the lake. Parking is free of charge. The Hall operates a one way system for arriving and leaving so please familiarise yourselves with the signage, especially when leaving the hall grounds. There is a web link to the Hall for more details at the bottom of this message.

Letā€™s hope for good weather on that day.

The organiser can be contacted on:
email: gabrielle.rowston@gmail.com
Tel. 07917 113479

Thank you

Canā€™t unfortunately as i work in the week :sob: would of been nice to of gone but too short notice on this occasion.

Evening everyone. Is anyone off to the MX5 breakfast meet this saturday at the british motor museum?If so anyone want to convoy together?

i would really like to but its a bit too far for a Saturday morning as i work late Fridays and Saturdays delivering my pizzas

1 Like

No worries :slightly_smiling_face:

Whos off to the mx5 picinic meet tomorrow?

missed it sorry.

On a side note, have the monthly meets resumed yet?

Iā€™m hoping to start up again now the holidays are done and dusted! Did you arrange in the end to help out with the lincs area meets Lee?

1 Like

Hi i was wondering if the monthly meeting is back on at Burton waters again. I live over in Mansfield and was thinking of popping over to meet you all.
Thanks
Wayne

Apologies only just got back from bekng on holiday today. I am in contact with Greg after the picinic meet a couple of weeks ago and he said he is going to try and chase things up for me

Anyone in the Lincolnshire area making the trip to the national rally that want to convoy together?

Hi Lee, Iā€™m going if the weather is good. (My trackday tyress are more than a little hairy in the wet!) Iā€™ve not got as far as working out timings but more than happy to head down with you. Iā€™m in Horncastle as you know, so happy to meet at a convenient location.

Itā€™s around my old stomping ground so may go a slightly different way (Spalding / Pā€™boro / Oundle / around the south of Wellingborough (A45) and up to Sywell - I lived in the next village of Overstone as a student!)

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea would be very happy to do that if the weather is on our side. Wherabouts in Horncastle would be a good spot to meet?