LITTLE RED MK 2.5 .. the story so far!

Really love seeing this. Can’t wait to grt my hands on a car and have a tinker like this… But hopefully not with rust

it soon cleans up robbie , thats 1 of the great things about it :+1:
as long as mrs B doesn’t catch me with her steam mop :laughing: :crazy_face: :laughing: :rofl: :rofl:

and i had just jacked up the back end with 2 jacks … no marks on the floor !! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

We’ve both got a Mrs B Geoff!
Barrie

1 Like

true baz, maybe the same one :thinking: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

Mrs H caught me hoovering the newly painted garage floor.

2 Likes

Hi I have enjoyed reading all this and your doing sterling work on your car, could you tell me please what paint did you use for the cam covers and what make is the back box. Tia
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave
The paint is VHT metallic black from Halfords ,:+1:t3::+1:t3:
The backbox was bought second hand and has no markings and the previous owner didn’t know either :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

I’m glad your enjoying my thread :smiley::smiley:

well i’ve got a bit of time off work , so been tinkering , back underneath ,

before,

after ,

:+1: :+1: :+1: :red_car: :red_car: :red_car:

4 Likes

I really must learn to fettle, it’s a skill I lack.
Amazing results from your “quick” fettling. :smile:
The car looks fantastic! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks bally3 and ditto pmba’s comments.
Regards Dave

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
last corner finished :beers: :beers: :beers:

after a good fettle with wire wheel n drill and various wire brushes ,

then after ,

getting there now , :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
thanks for looking

2 Likes

forgot to mention after the cam cover was sprayed with VHT paint , i then applied 2 coats of halfords clear lacquer :+1: :no_mouth:

Thanks bally3 top man, I sense a couple o’ rattle cans coming my way in the not too distant :wink::+1:
Take care Dave

1 Like

What did you use to polish up the exhaust?
I have a very similar exhaust (maybe even the same one) but there’s some marks on it from the heat that I’d love to be able to remove.
Thanks,
Darren.

hi darren , i used T cut and fine wire wool to get the bulk of the muck off , then finished with Brasso ( would have used solvol autosol but didn’t have any )

out of interest , what exhaust brand do you think it is ?

regards

Thanks. I used T Cut and a cloth so far. I’ll buy some metal polish and use wire wool!

The exhaust was from eBay in 2017 from JapParts, Southern Street, Manchester, M28 3QN. On the invoice it describes it as:
“Mazda MX-5 1.8 1.6 1998-2005 MK2.5 2003+ Cat Back Exhaust System”. And was £199.99 including VAT.
That’s the only info I can find. I just tried looking on eBay and while I don’t know how to search for that seller I did see images of exhausts that looked the same.

Hope that’s of help…

1 Like

ok , that great . mine has no makers markings at all , is yours same ???

Yes. So possible a pattern part?
Ive had mine for three years and 5000 miles and have no complaints or concerns of its quality.

1 Like

chassis brace was my next job ,
removed , cleaned , rust-proofed, sprayed + laquered

all went well until i dropped it on my nose while refitting it ( nasty bump + gash ) :persevere: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

gaiters still not arrived :rage: :rage: :confounded: :confounded:

1 Like