Lowering NC photos

1. My model of MX-5 is: __nc
  2. I’m based near: __cannock
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __
    Hi
    I have just got some coil overs for my NC. My mate is fitting as I don’t have tine. I was wondering if some of you could just post some photos of your lowered nc on 16 inch wheels so I can give him idea of heights please?
    I did see a topic with some photos but can’t seem to find but i know how much we like posting photos. Thanks

3 Likes

Thanks. Any clearance issues at all?

None, as it wasn’t ridiculously low
I can’t measure ride height as I don’t have the car now.

As a certified fan of the NB, I’m not always completely impressed by the look of the NC, but that’s gorgeous.

1 Like

Not sure if this thread helps you NC Ride height comparison

I don’t have 16" alloys they are 17"
Mine below with MeisterR’s set at around 30mm lower.

Gives you an idea though, infact circumference should be the same on both size rims once the tyres are on.
A base measurement don’t go any lower than 30mm from standard or you’ll find those ramps and speed humps troublesome.

3 Likes

STD 16” alloys. 40mm drop

1 Like

Thanks for the photos so far. 40mm seems a lot. What’s the gap from tyre to arch. Looks about 30mm or less.

was my old car. long gone :nerd_face:
had no issues over bumps

Personally I think this is just right, it’s whatever Meister set them to out of the box, I can get a measurement if you need one as I forgot.

It clears speed humps with one heavy or two medium/light people in.

Mazda spec for 16in is 356 - 405 ft 351 - 401 rr 17 in is 4-5mm lower. Mine has the -30mm Eibach on std suspension and new tyres shows 355 ft and 345 rr

on a nearly full tank.

Now I am starting to look foreard to getting mine back.

Lowered mine some time back. No problems with ramps etc.

3 Likes

Sweet! I wonder if I can fit those spot lights, too?

You should be able to fit them. They are (DRL) daytime running lights (loads of posts here on the forum) about them.

1 Like

No clearance issues usually, apart from the most savage of sleeping policemen… Going between them rather than over them sorts it out :ok_hand:

3 Likes

was waiting to see what your wrap looked like , very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the colour.

1 Like

I’ve only just realised I never reported back, my bad!

She might be going up for sale if you know anyone who’s interested :wink:

I haven’t thought about a price as yet (mainly because I’ve got no idea), but it owes me nearly £10k. Here’s a list of everything I’ve done to it;

1 Like