Ma5da Racing at Silverstone - Sunday 15 August - *FREE TICKETS*

Just want to thank everybody involved for today. Had a great day. When’s the next track day. Big Smile.

Colin and Jan

Hi,

Yeah, I too had a fantastic day today…so thankyou to all involved…

Shame the parade was cut short but that’s the way it goes…

And to the guy that nearly rammed me up the backside on track…it wasn’t a race!!!

Jane

Another thanks for a good day out, yes it was a shame the track trip was cut short but it was fun while it lasted I will try and pst a few pictures if  I can.

the only problem, its got me thinking about doing a track day.

John

Sorry Jane - I think that was me !

I had a clear run down past the stands, swung into Copse - perfect line … and there was a load of parked 5s !!!

A big thanks to all the Club members who came along. I know both Ma5da Racing and all the drivers really appreciated your attendance.

And a special thanks to Trevor for helping get everyone together, issue the tickets and getting Club members to the circuit on time.{#emotions_dlg.thumb}

Just a few pics from Silverstone…

Can you believe that this was only just over half the Mk1s racing at Silverstone?

Club members take to the hallowed tarmac.

Club member and Ma5da race driver Phillipe Retourne shows the racing line.

It was fantastic to have the so many of the race cars join us on track. Some even let Club members drive their cars - thanks Chris.Cool

In all 72 cars (Race and Club cars) took to the circuit for Sunday’s parade lap.

And in a fortnight’s time, on Bank Holiday Monday we’ll be doing it all again at Rockingham, with four Ma5da Championship races and parade lap.

It will be great to see you there!

Thanks for a great day - worth it just to say I’ve driven round the new GP circuit…

Trevor

Gutted I couldn’t make it after all - the car isn’t a daily driver and it wouldn’t start! Battery had died - not just flat but wouldn’t hold charge and it’s not easy to find a replacement early on Sunday morning!

Hope my tickets were used.

Thanks go out to the team who organized the tickets & the racing as it was a fantastic day. Loved the day and catching up with everyone! We took a few pics and some video footage (although it’s some what shakey due to me forgetting the tripod!) I’ll pop it up on Flickr during the week this week and point you all at the links.  Be warned there are LOTS of pics though!

Jonathan, nice pics! I see my little car there pootling around the track! Thanks for capturing the moment! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sarah

Ditto!

A great day; weather, cars and people couldn’t have been better. Weelll…maybe the parade could have been, but we have to remember, as I said elsewhere, that the priority is the racing, not us fun seekers eh! Thanks for the pics Jonathan, I think we are in there somewhere Smile

Martin & Wendy

A big thanks to tracey and her other half and the team for a great day out and the free tickets even better.

It was nice to have my first experience out on track so look out would.

Cheers jake and ian

Some pictures from me First the line up and can you spot the change in parking after the parade lapHuh?

And a few more views

The pits were far tidier than  I expected

The Grids were big for the races

A few more… And the racing was good and close

Other things  I saw,  the crowd reacted to the parade being cut to one lap

The racing MX5 has ferocious brakes, this driver got too close and they got him

Some french chap wrapped up the F3 title in good style

And it was in the paddock so it had to be some form of MX5Confused

And that is probably far too many pictures, but it was a very good day.

Just worked out  I could just link to photo bucket, sorry new to this so mods you could prune it if you wish and there are a few more.

Here is a link to a few of my pics from the day…

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/jlm125/British%20F3%20and%20GT/?albumview=slideshow

Jane

Thanks for sharing those - some good pix.  You obviously had a good day…

Great pictures Jane and John, they really help to capture the spirit of the day. {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

Nice pic of Damon Hill too - I heard he was watching his son’s race from one of the grandstands.

the pics look amazing! so gutted i missed out! is this a yearly thing? would love to go next time!

im a new MX5 owner and member, any suggestions on good days out coming up?

Luke.

Have a search for the Rockingham one, there may be tickets left for it.

Was great to see so many MX5s there on the Sunday and glad you all enjoyed the racing.

Here is some onboard video from Car 43 from Saturdays race (wet & greasy). Driver is Fahad Hizam who hails from Saudi Arabia who is new to all the UK circuits and somewhat new to racng in the wet :slight_smile: He has excellent car control and did a great job considering he had barely legal tyre.

This is Part 1 or Race 1, the remainder of Race 1 and Race 2 will be uploaded in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZr-VpSdTk

Malcolm

Dear All

it was a pleasure to see so many of the Owners Club in support of the Ma5da MX5 Championship racing on the parade lap.

We look forward to welcoming you all to Rockingham on Bank Holiday Monday for a repeat parade.