Mazda MX-5 ND - new member

Hi guys
Thought I would fire up a few photos of my MX5. I’ve been driving it a couple of weeks now, and cant tell you how much fun it is to drive. The gearbox is super, the steering is direct (yet doesnt feel twitchy on the motorway/higher speed), and the seats are great. I’m planning on a few small visual mods and a backbox, and maybe leave it at that for a while.

C+C welcome
Adam.

15 Likes

Hi Adam and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Aren’t these cars so addictive? - There are more expensive, much faster cars available, but how much fun is the MX-5? :slight_smile: Looks like you’ve found a nice one too… First change I made to mine was to replace the radio aerial with a Moss Stubby… ! :slight_smile:

Pics also welcome here on my “Ceramic Photo Thread” :slight_smile:

Rob

2 Likes

Welcome to the club and MX5 ownership. As you have already found out, these cars are great fun. Try and get the hood down as much as possible - I am running at about 95% hood down motoring, but there has not been too much rain, so it will change.

Aerial, stubby (moss-europe.co.uk)

The Moss stubby is a good addition - I put mine on as soon as I got home as it takes seconds, just unscrew and screw the new one in. no loss of signal.

The Recaro is a great model, so have fun!

1 Like

Super jealous of your seats. I’m on the hunt for a pair for my ND2!

Cheers Snelly - thanks for that link, added that to my basket :joy:

Thank you DC04R - I think the whole interior is a great place to be, and the seats are a talking point for most people who see it. Not cheap to buy new either.

1 Like

Cheers Rob, will add photos to the thread.

Adam.

Recaro and ceramic is a great combo.
Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Get a BBR SuperSport back box on her and thank me later…

Beautiful car by the way :heart_eyes:

1 Like

By the looks of it, the suspension has been lowered as it is sitting very well. Nice photos!

1 Like

Might see if I can find a part number on the springs.

Welcome from Recaro owner #572!

1 Like

Hi Shelly, a bit off subject I know but does the stubby fit a MK2 and appx. how tall is it (I’m thinking about it under a snug car cover). Hi and welcome to the op, nice looking car you have there, lots of fun to be had, happy motoring.
Dave

1 Like

Cheers Dave, it says on the link that it is 3.77 " tall, so by my calculations thats about 9.5cm

1 Like

Thought you were deluded when you said the ND seats were great, then realised you had the Recaro. :wink:

Look forward to seeing it with the triple whammy package of my mods that are on the way. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d say its not lowered tbh, its just the angle of the photo that makes it look like it might be. Good choice on the Recaro, had mine 4 years now but its very (although tastefully) modified. Turbo very soon.

Hi Gareth, I’m pretty certain it isnt lowered, the angle and slope of the drive makes it look better than it is when parked on the flat. I’ve always lowers cars, but in two minds about this one. Yes it will look 100% better but it is steering so well I would be pissed off if the subsequent alignment wasnt able to achieve the same feel.

My God Man will you bolt that turbo on… Been talking about it for long enough… :joy: :joy: :joy:

PS. the OP,s car is definitely not lowered :+1:t2:

1 Like

Its always been the long term plan, but I’ve done brakes and suspension overhaul first. I’ll be booking in with BBR next month.

1 Like

Most people go with Flyin Miata alignment specs (found online), the Eibach / Mazda optional springs are very good.

2 Likes