Mk3 NC Roadster engine remap

Hi, Has anyone had their roadster remapped? I’m just looking to tweak the performance without a change of hardware. I’m seeing chips advertised that convert the standard performance from 160bhp to 185bhp for under £250 fitted at home by mobile fitter.
Any advice??

I thought that it would take more than a simple re-map to gain 25 bhp ?

2 Likes

Much harder to get big gains on a non turbo petrol without changing things in the engine itself but very common on turbo-diesels simply with an ECU re-map. Buyer beware.

Superchips do a tune for a NC showing 176bhp, used them on my ST in the day very reputable and trusted.

Well blow me down….this is what they claim for the NC. Pretty impressive if true. Heck, that’s more power while keeping the car ‘standard’ compared to my mate who had a Skuzzle performance mod done with headers, intake and remap !!!

1 Like

:joy:
I got the Skuzzle Fast Road package too.
Not a chance with no mods. :+1:

1 Like

Was going to post the same but didn’t know the rules for advertising…must be a different year to mine only offered 176

I’ll contact Superchips, tell them of the interest. See if they’ll do me a freebee Ha!. If it does what it says on the tin, then I’ll let you know :sweat_smile:. They offer a no quibble refund within 14 days if not satisfied.🤷

1 Like

How is Superchip quoting a Torque Nm “standard” of 380 to 451 Nm modded…when even the Jota peaked a claimed 217Nm…or 160-odd Lb-ft?
Or am I missing summat?

Sorry mate that went straight over my head. I gave them my reg; they said they can remap my engine, on my drive. The chip offers a change of 158bhp to 176bhp and 188Nm to 205Nm. The download you see on a previous reply, isn’t the same numbers that the company is saying about my car.

1 Like

Sounds too good to be true if I’m honest. A remap on its own will possibly liven up the throttle response a little and messing with the fuel/air/ignition might give you a little more power but the main issue on the stock car is the rubbish exhaust manifold so unless this is changed gaining 18 bhp from a stand alone remap is unlikely in my opinion.
Do they run the car on a dyno before and after the remap to verify?

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is!

Mine has Skuzzle induction and a full exhaust, with an Autotronix remao and puts out a genuine 181bhp

1 Like

Unless you have a dyno run before and after, treat all such claims of gains with a large dose of sodium chloride

3 Likes

Why all the doubters it’s only a 10% gain with most cars tuned for poor fuel quality and running in hot air temperatures playing with the ECU to say its in a country with cooler air temps and good fuel quality allow easy gains.

Experience! That’s why

1 Like

Seriously, 28% gain (as the chart by Davy_F above) with only a remap?
Never would be possible in my opinion. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t know where the chart has come from put my reg in Suerchips and got the same with Kford 176 bhp etc which in my mind when talking to guys about stuff like this 10% gain is easily possible with most cars.Agree the 202bhp is too much.

1 Like

Curiosity killed the cat and put my reg in. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Put my reg in again to check and the same came up. Go figure ?!!!

1 Like

Must be an error in their figures online. I imagine ~10-15hp being achievable at most, but as others have said, would need hardware mods to make anymore power (especially manifold). I got ~190hp with manifold, sports center and rear silencer at a cost of ££££s. If more than that could be had for a few hundred quid I’ve been robbed :joy::joy:

2 Likes