Mk3 Venture Wheel Spacers Size an is it worth it

Morning Everyone

I’m toying with the Idea of adding Spacers to My 3.75 Venture Mk3 wheels there getting a respray an refurb. And was thinking of getting 15mm spacers added to the job to make the car look thicker.

Does anyone have any advice is it a simple job or would the bolts have to be shaved down for the spacers an standard refurbed wheels to go back on….

Any advice would be appreciated….

I keep refering to Barrie (Bettabuilda) as he’s done most stuff to his including wheel spacers. Can’t remember the size he used, they look pretty good to me fitted.
Guessing he’ll be along shortly with details but if I remember he’s off on a jolly somewhere today, a car meet so he’ll catch you later I’m sure.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the desire for wheel spacers…why interfere with the integrity of the wheel/hub and comprise the geometry?

4 Likes

I’ve just put 25mm spacers on. Fits perfectly flush with top of wheel arches. I used Direnza ones from eBay, came with everything needed and fit without any issues, £80 per pair:

1 Like

There again I don’t see the point spending money to make my car look better to other people. I’d rather invest in sometime I get the benefit of.

But hey we are all free to do what we want…

1 Like

Thanks Mick :nerd_face: yes, 25mm is the ‘optimum’ size for zero work to the studs (or arches) I have OEM 17”” wheels and they have a shallow recess that any stud protruding beyond the face of the spacer, can sit in. Any less spacer thickness means the studs protrude beyond the face of the spacer, requiring the stud to be reduced in length. Problems then if the spacers are removed as the studs may be too short then for OEM wheels. Spacers are not for everyone though but doing what I did (and others have) means easy to reverse, although personally I don’t think I’ll be doing that :nerd_face:
Hub centric like Direnza, or Freakyparts, or whoever, is the way to go as they are made to fit the car, centre bore is correct for the hub etc. Slip on spacers will generally, once you get over a few mm’s, need different stud lengths to be certain there won’t be issues. A lot more work! If you weren’t using OEM wheels then a lower offset (say 30mm) would give you the same appearance as a 25mm spacer. My car for an idea with 25mm spacers on OEM wheels.

Barrie

3 Likes

Hey Bettabuilda thank you so much for coming back to me I’m having my standard 17 inch refurbed in a grey anthracite so would 25mm go on these an still give a similar look to your which looks very nice I might add.

1 Like

Hiya NickM0864
Thanks for coming back to me so you have the link for the ones your purchased. I’m Guna look at all Avenues. Love the colour of your mx

Hi mate,

They are these ones:

Fit them myself on the drive and I am no mechanic!!!
Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Hiya, thanks for the comment, yes exactly the same and they’re the ones Nick linked to? I got a full set (x4) for just over £100 delivered. Probably gone up now, it’s a while since I did mine :+1:

Barrie

Thanks very much I was quoted £300 fitted so if I can save money an do it myself I think this is definitely Guna be the case. Have you or have you Nick had an issues with steering has it improved it much ?

1 Like

TBH, they’ve been on a while and can’t really remember what car was like when I did the spacers? Thing is, I fitted ILMotorsport anti roll bars, Meister club race suspension and new drop links all round, all at the same time?
Car does feel more firm and steering is positive. Not had an alignment done so that may make it even better?

Barrie

1 Like

I’d say steering is the same, no degradation in performance, just as assured with improved looks. I wouldn’t suggest this was a performance improvement (in my limited experience) but makes the car feel improved due to stance / looks / width ( girth :rofl:)
YMMV
Install them yourself mate, save the £140 for something else :beers:

2 Likes

Hey guys went to buy the spacers mentioned in this topic an they ve come back to me an fired these requests out. Can anyone give me the answers or place to find them?

can provide us with the following dimensions of your vehicle hub:
Bolt Pattern:
Thread Pitch:
Spacer Thickness:
Centre Bore (mm):

It’s just a standard Venture Edition Mrk3.75

Thanks I’m advance anyone

Hey Nick I intend to me an Dad will do it thanks for the help dude

Hiya, can I ask which ones you’ve purchased? Normally sold as vehicle specific so this info not needed but here you go :+1:

Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3
Thread Pitch: M12 x 1.5
Spacer Thickness: 25mm
Centre Bore 67.1mm

Hope this helps?

Barrie

Hiya Barrie I clicked the sent above, for the spacers.
They came back to me asking me them requirements.

Thanks for the information though. I’ll feed this back to them I’ll upload a picture of my venture when it’s all done you ve all been a massive help thank you very much all.

1 Like

Hi Nick, New to forum just recently bought a MX-5 would these 25mm spacers fit the 2011 MK3.5 with standard 17" wheels

If your wheels look the same as mine (although probably silver rather than Graphite) they should fit just the same as mine. I think Barrie, who I originally saw recommending these, has a 2010 car on standard alloys with them on, so I’d be very confident you won’t have any problems.
Cheers
Nick

2 Likes

Great Thanks for your quick response much appreciated will get them bought