Mk3 Venture Wheel Spacers Size an is it worth it

Hey Nick,

I have the exact same setup as you (25mm spacers, -30mm eibachs on oem yellow billies, 215 tyres) and can confirm it’s most likely your stock shocks which are causing the issue with rubbing.

I’ve just went back to 205s and while that cures it, I’m also certain that the car would not be rubbing with 215s if it weren’t for the chop springs with the oem shocks, a terrible combination. The car should not be rolling as much as it does in the turns which is where mine rubbed.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Pal! I’ve replaced the 25mm rear spacers for 10mm and while the look isn’t as good as it was with 205 tyres and the 25mm spacers, it’s okay. Wonder if coilovers would solve things??? :thinking:

So yours also rubbed with the 205s? For me that stopped it mostly, and a set of stiffer arbs finished the job while maintaining the spacers.

Certainly on my car the 19 year old billies with the eibach chop springs are a pretty terrible combination. Simultaneously crashy and wallowy…

It’s almost certainly the range of movement in the suspension that’s causing the rubbing using the 25mm spacers and a 215. You can reduce the spacer size, tyre size or firm up the suspension to stop it. You can also add negative camber to increase clearance but this solves one problem and can be detrimental to handling.

I have 17x8 wheels on a 42mm offset running 215 tyres and lowered on tein coilovers and I haven’t caught the fenders or bottomed out once - this setup is 26mm out from the original wheel position.
Still not aligned yet though.

1 Like

No rubbing at all with 205 tyres, and with only 30k on clock the suspension isn’t crashing (yet).
Will drop back down to 205 next time, or buy wider width alloys removing the need for the spacers entirely.