Model car ♥️

Hi just ordered online a member in Tyne tees gave me the idea :bulb: something to do in lockdown :thinking::+1: . Who else got model if there 5 ?

2 Likes

I’ve got the very same one and the NC, both waiting to build.
It use to be my hobby many years ago, a few got broken and I stored them away. Kept a few, now stored in the loft but they are very delicate to keep safe.

1 Like

Where did you get a kit of the NC? I’ve looked and can’t find one…

1 Like

I used to love my airfix models when I was younger I nearly had 200 at one point, most were broken by my brother some giving yo friends , others went to charity shops and loads broken or lost in house moves , shame as lot’s of money spent but for me it is the hours I spent building :thinking::open_mouth: . Only doing this one not starting again :pray::+1:

I bought NC from Japan around 5 years ago. If I remember it cost around £35 and took maybe 3 weeks to arrive (Fujimi roadster)
I’ve searched around and found a couple of NB’s I couldn’t find before🤔 only NC is below, from Japan. The second link is the same the advert blurb seems more credible, more expensive though.

1 Like

Hi
Try looking up Kent Models, they have some.

Boz

1 Like

^^^ Can’t see the NC on there.

thanks for that chaps, I’ll have a look.

ps I’m assuming it’s ‘chaps’ apologies if not.

Kent models have the MK1 and 2, sorry

Boz

1 Like

Actually done me a favour mentioning the Mk2 :+1: When I looked again last year for it none available anywhere even Japan, so I can get it now.
I must make the effort to start building them.:thinking:

1 Like

Dug mine out, I thought the missus had hid them away after a sort out. The NC model was a birthday present from her, I got it from s model supplier in Japan. NA Tamiya, NC Fujimi.

Here’s a couple I made a few years ago and they’ve survived all the knocks over the years. Made the big trucks too but they didn’t survive.

4 Likes

They look great, you made a nice job, I might order a car model myself, the last models I made was some years ago, a Saturn 5 rocket and a Suzuki Motocrosser, and they was busted during one of our moves.

Boz

1 Like

Wonderland models has a whole bunch of different car models, as well as everything else

I used car spray as the top coat finish, the type you would buy from Halfords. So basically sand, prime, finish coat then lacquer. It took some doing, prep in-between coats sanding etc. Just like you would do on a full size car only in miniature.
I thought mine were pretty good until I visited a serious modelling show, they were something else in quality and finish.

2 Likes

Thats good, because I have just ordered a Tamiya MX5 Mk1 ( 1/24 ) , and I have some old modelling paints, but I was going to use some Halfords primer on the bodyshell first, and Halfords lacquer as finish coat, glad to know that works .
Agree, those serious modellers spend ages making Battleships/ Sailing ships etc, their in a league of their own with more patience that I could ever have :slightly_smiling_face:

Boz

3 Likes

Hi Bosley,
Thanks for the heads-up. I had a look and found an NB on their site.
Ordered it and it arrived today.
Excellent service and a reasonable price.
I can highly recommend them.
Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Hi Guy
Glad you found what you wanted, I’m about half way through my MK1, its not going to be perfect, as my eyes are not what they used to be, but I’m enjoying it, :blush:

Boz

1 Like

Wheels on the side (two on each), roof on the top. That’s a start for you, wing it from there.

3 Likes

Sounds pretty much like what I’m doing :smiley: , maybe its a Reliant robin next time :wink:

Boz

I’d like to, but it would have to be accurate and I don’t know how I would do wooden trim.

1 Like