MX-5 ND Photos Please

I love all MX-5’s, but looking to see lots of ND photos in one place!, standard cars, modified, Roadsters and RFs in all colours… This is my 2018 ND2 in Ceramic… Only mod is a stubby aerial and personalised plate… :smile:

9 Likes

My Soul Red ND with eibach lowering springs, stubby aerial and gloss black mirror caps.

7 Likes

My ND, no modifications

8 Likes

My 2016 Recaro, LOTS of modifications, but very choice subtle mods.

13 Likes

I do like the skirts…and are those upgraded brakes and it is definitely lowered?

Looking at the front wheel arch, I see you have the smoked reflectors - hen looking at the other cars above, you can see where they fit - makes you wonder why they are not standard? to get more income I suppose…

I really like this model especially the interior…and the colour…and the wheels…

Yes, 6 piston Wilwoods on the front and 4 piston Wilwoods on the rear, its currently lowered on the Mazda / Eibach optional springs but I have a set of MeisterR GT1s on order along with loads of other suspension upgrades (strut braces, ARBs, chassis re-inforcement, adjustable drop links). The reflectors are because of the US market, they have a legal requirement to have side markers and rather than make two sets of bumpers Mazda make just one and blank them off for other markets.

1 Like

So those are the Mazda official sports springs? I have just ordered a new ND in Soul Red with them as an option. I have not actually driven an ND at all, but have optioned the sports springs (and exhaust). Are they ok? What improvement are you expecting if you are changing them?

Yes they are, I also have the optional Bastuck/Mazda exhaust system on it, its a bit louder than the standard exhaust, noticeably at low speeds but not overly loud, it is quite a heavy backbox though. For the Meisters, better handling, fully adjustable suspension which will allow me to lower it a touch further on the rear. The springs have been perfectly fine and a rather in-expensive way of improving the standard handling, however i find the rebound on them a bit harsh over rough surfaces when compared to the standard suspension, the Meisters should offer better control and the ability to change the stiffness of the suspension on the fly to suit my needs.

Not the greatest of photos but I don’t have too many. 2016 Icon 1.5L, reversing camera, Apple car play, footwell lights, rear diffuser and personalised plate, did have the window controller but removed it at the weekend as it stopped the driver’s window going back up, need to speak to them.

8 Likes

I’ve tried about 3 different modules with the window controller and I had no end of problems with all of them, gave up in the end. Each controller sooner or later would lose complete control of the passenger side window and had other strange behaviours.

1 Like

2019 Sport Nav+ GT - Eternal Blue

Too many minor mods to list here - check out the Mods section!

11 Likes

That’s good to know, I thought it was me, maybe I won’t bother then, mine would let the drivers window down but you had to inch it up, then sometimes you would open the door and it would drop a few inches and if you kept on opening the door it would keep dropping, so annoying because it’s such a good idea and mine seemed worse the colder the weather. Thanks for the heads up though, I won’t waste my time.

My unmodified ND on second day of ownership:

9 Likes

I do love my ND especially the colour which in some light looks amazing. Also quite shocked on how it compared size wise alongside the Morgan

7 Likes

Not soon after getting the car, lowered on factory springs

7 Likes

My old RF, I do miss this car!

Sold the RF to build and race this one!

Bru :+1:

14 Likes

I did like your RF Bru I still have a photo of it on my phone from when you picked up the Cobalt exhaust

1 Like

I’ll get another road going one at some point :+1: Hope you’re keeping safe and well Mark?

2 Likes

8 Likes

ND Recaro Limited Edition,BBR Super 200,BBR Super Sport Rear Silencer,BBR Exhaust Centre Section,BBR High Performance Springs

8 Likes