MX-5 ND Photos Please

My sad and dirty looking rf this morning. Mostly cosmetic changes, best one for me is the paco seat lowering brackets, saved me removing the rear view mirror.

5 Likes

Is that your other car behind, the yellow one. :joy:

Mine is bone stock, and the cheapest and most basic version they make, the ND2 SE+, and I love it for it’s simplicity. I’d quite like to change the wheels, but I have yet to find anything I prefer.

6 Likes

Yeh it’s my other truck, doing a full gutting of a future rental, replaced the central heating during my Christmas holiday. Never get a normal holiday always too much work to do.

1 Like

No choice but to have it as an open top!

I have had some cars back from Reps (as part time fleet manager) when they change their cars for a new one and the interior is about the same state of cleanliness as some cars I had back…

I need to lower my seats, only problem is my mrs drives it some times. I have thought about removing the mirror because I have it pushed up fully and have to bend my neck down to use it and I still can’t see under it very well. My seven car didn’t have a rear view mirror I never missed it.

Love the cobra quad pipes too!!! They look fabulous. I didn’t fancy the volume or I would have fitted them to mine in a heart beat. I have looked into a bypass valve set up with the stock exhaust, left hand pipes being active so I can bleed some noise out of them with the flick of a switch, then leave it quiet for early mornings and motorways. I think it would look silly only producing steam from one side on a cold morning tho.

Me and Mrs spoke about it and decided it would be safer for me as the main user to be able to see without ducking under the mirror everytime I went round a bend. She is 4"11 and struggled to reach the pedals anyhow.
The seating position is 100000% improved, I now feel I’m sat in the car and not sat on top of it.
The quad pipes are awesome bit loud with the roof up but with the roof down o m g it sounds awesome.

1 Like

Have you seen the thread regarding the Sound Insulation (Silent Coat) It seems that putting some silver sound insulation under the carpet in the boot solves that issue…

Silent Coat - what a result! - General Discussion Forums / Show Us Your Mods - MX-5 Owners Club Forum (mx5oc.co.uk)

I’ve got the AuroraAutoDesign (Blackbird Fabworx) seat rails in mine, granted they are a lot more expensive, but they retain being able to move the seats.

My 30th AE.

11 Likes

Loving the detailing, are those roll hoop covers your handiwork? Are they a custom purchase?
Steve

1 Like

My Stock 30AE

6 Likes

I had a spare pair and took them to my local bodyshop to get painted.

Some nice personal touches on your AE30! Will you paint the “M” badge on the front black too? :+1:

1 Like

Already done… :wink:

Custom made gel badges

BBR Super Sport rear box with custom made BBR single tail pipe with a satin black ceramic coating.

13 Likes

Very tasty and not overdone! - Just putting your own subtle marks on it… :ok_hand:

1 Like

Love that colour!

1 Like

Thanks. Wasn’t sure when I ordered it. Ordered red with tan interior after seeing Roadies ND but changed my mind when it was on the boat and changed it to blue without seeing it! Took a small risk but very happy :smiley:

1 Like

ND2 2 litre sport nav.

8 Likes

ND1 2 litre Sport Nav

4 Likes