MX-5 ND Photos Please

5 Likes

2015 1.5lSE-L Nav before Zunsport half-grille added 2019 30AE Together with fluffy mascot

8 Likes

Lovely cars but you really need to get the wife out there to weed that drive. :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t have a wife, that’s the problem! :-1: Or is it? :thinking: :crazy_face:

1 Like

So that’s why you can own 2 x ND’s and have a drive that needs weeding. :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

Every cloud has a silver lining! :smiley: :+1: Or is it the other way round? :thinking: :smiley: :innocent:

1 Like

Hi. The RF in the picture has a black roof. Did any model come with this, or is it sprayed/wrapped?
I’m thinking of buying an RF, and think it looks really good.
Thanks

The 30AE RF has a black roof as standard, not sure about the other models.

I’m intrigued. Why two NDs? Which do you prefer, and is it the one you drive more?

Cat prefers the Orange one - probably has a warm bonnet, which means it has been driven most recently. Therefore I think that answer is the Orange One!!

3 Likes

Why two ND’s? I had a wobble each time they were announced, so I pre-ordered each as soon as you could. I’m getting on in years, 77 yoa, no wife or children, so if I don’t spend some now the tax man will take more when I go! The investment I closed to pay for the 30AE went “belly-up” during the first Covid crisis so I’d have lost it if I hadn’t spent it! Both cars are driven strictly in turn and each have their own characteristics, but there are some things I could well do without, the i-stop and auto parking brake on the 30AE and the “pop-up” safety bonnet on both, but I think they’re all down to regulations. Otherwise they’re both a hoot to drive and for long journey’s (which I don’t do) I guess the 2.0l 30AE would be preferable, but having said that the long journeys I did touring Ireland, Scotland and the continent were in a Ford Orion 1.6l which was stuffed to the gunnels and only had a 105bhp engine and even my 1.5l ND has 130bhp, so? However I tend to make the journey part of the holiday/day out and will invariably avoid motorways like the plague even if the alternative route means a much longer journey! If push came to shove and one of them had to go it’d be the 30AE and I’d keep the SE-L 1.5l :nerd_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

That’s a lovely pair… I have a 2018 ND2 and as soon as I start the car, I press the I-Stop button, seat belt on, then go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep me too, and I’ve managed to turn off the auto parking brake in the settings! :+1: :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

Too much automated nonsense…! :frowning_face:
But the good stuff far outweighs this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not 'arf!!! :heart:

1 Like

Waiting to join an Isle of Wight ferry

5 Likes

5 Likes

As we are retiring in June I’ll send the Obergruppenfuhrer to weed you’re drive for as long as we can test the 30AE😉

1 Like

Great so far… Keep those pics coming… This is the worst pic I have of mine… looking very sad under the snow yesterday… :expressionless:

3 Likes

You’re welcome to test drive the 30AE, no conditions!