MX-5 RF driver's window big problem!

Hi bally3,

Called him and he said his source was same as the Mazda dealerships. He asked me to text him and he said he will reply in the afternoon but no reply.

MX5parts are expecting a delivery but can’t guarantee what will be the delivery,

Ofiaich

He’s got loads of spares stashed away from the cars he strips to build race cars :racing_car: so I thought he maybe able to assist you 🫣🫣🫣maybe worth giving him a nudge, I know he’s normally very busy :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

MX5 Parts have been next to useless recently. I have ordered an IL M/S part which was due in 3 weeks/ 2 weeks/ 1 week/ due soon and repeat. First time I ordered this part, I gave up after 6 or 7 weeks. Reordered it on the 13th of April and now back into the waiting game. Only reason I’m hanging on now is because I ordered it this time with the small discount given at Easter. And yet, go onto IL Motorsports own website and they show plenty of stock of the item. Go figure !!

Hi bally3,

I sent another text message but no reply. I would imagine he doesn’t need to have window regulators in race cars!

Ofiaich!

1 Like

Hi bally3

I had a reply from Roddison’s . He does have one but he will keep it in case he needs it for his own MX-5

Ofiaich

1 Like

I think my RF has just developed the same problem, got to work this morning and tried to put the window up and it wouldn’t move. Same grinding noise as someone else mentioned. Did manage to persuade it to close at lunchtime, sounds like I’m best not touching it for now though as I don’t want it to fully fail stuck open.
Garage is going to take a look on Tuesday, I fear I’ll then be joining the waiting list for parts.
Only just got it back after rats chewed loads of wires under the bonnet - that took 100 days for diagnosis and parts to come in - hire car for the whole time thankfully covered by insurance for that one.

I found it quite an easy DIY repair, all it cost me was £40.80 + postage for a “Window Regulator” from mx5parts.

Sorry for the false hope, out of stock there.

Sorry D not helpful, if you had looked carefully you would have seen that everyone knows what is needed and where to get them but the world is out of stock.
:heart:

1 Like

I had no idea there were parts problems, it was in stock for me on March 28th.

Yes, i have drivers and passenger door window regulator on order from MX5parts and my local dealership.

I have options in Japan too and am waiting on my friends to hear from 5 dealerships there!

Ofiaich

Aha! So now we know who nabbed the last one. Stand by for trolling. :rofl:

2 Likes

If you don’t need it, send it to me!

Ofiaich!

Hi everyone!

Update about window regulator!

MX5Parts still no deliveries. They were expecting deliveries end of May but couldn’t guarantee what they would receive.

No news from local Mazda dealership.

Investigated America, a few companies have driver and passenger Arm Base in stock but will not export to the UK.

One company thought UK right hand drive cars would need a different part to the US part. I said part numbers for driver and passenger door Arm Bases are the same… Anyway, no exports!

Yesterday, I contacted another Japanese friend, this friend will check out many dealerships and will probably contact Mazda in Hiroshima.

I might drive over to a breakers yard later this month to check if they have the part and what condition it’s in. They sell for £80 + vat. No point to buy a 2017 part without seeing it!

Ofiaich!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

MX5parts and my local Mazda dealer have received both drivers and passengers window regulators!

I am away from home so will not see these until Tuesday 21st June! Looking forward to getting my MX-5 RF sorted!

Ofiaich!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My MX-5 RF is now repaired. I couldn’t get photos for all of the procedure but here are some. I can delete them if they are of no value!

Part cost me £45 from Mazda dealer and £40 labour from my local mechanic!

Ofiaich!

10 Likes

…looking good, pleased you managed to get it fixed at a reasonable cost!!

1 Like

That old cable was well and truly mangled. £40 labour sounds good. Result. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank U So Much For Keeping Us Posted :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Ive just had both door mechanisms replaced on 2018 RF.