MX5 ND RF Mods

Hi all, am new to this forum (this being my first post!) so appreciate your patience with forum etiquette and the like :wink:

I have just purchased a Soul Red RF ND1 2.0L from a dealer who has added the following:

• Aero kit (minus the boot lip spoiler)
  • Lowering springs
  • Other various interior bits (rear camera and apple carplay)

I had the aero kit fitted sans boot spoiler as I am not a big fan of the thin lip, preferring to source a (subtle) ducktail. I have checked CarbonMiata for one but wondered if anyone had any other sources or had used CarbonMiata before.

Also, I am seeking some new alloys and am leaning toward the OZ Racing Italia 150 in Gloss Black but am also considering the OZ Racing Formula HLT (8-spoke) Matt Black. Any opinions??

Also, please advise what size wheel I could go to. Should 17" be the preferred size or could I extend to 18" without taking issues with the handling and ride and rubbing?? And how about the width?

Many thanks all!

@Crystal_MX-5RF recently fitted some to OZ Ultraleggeras to their 30th Anniversary RF:

I think they look rather tidy:

I would stick to 17" if you want a decent amount of rubber, depending on your offset you might be able to go wider than the stock 7Jx17 ET45. I have 25mm spacers all round but have slight rubbing , others have 20mm or 15mm without issues.

Welcome to the club!

You need to have a look through a few of the forum threads - particularly the “what have you done to your MS5” one - there are quite a few posts regarding different wheels and there is advice on what works, but it is all a matter of taste. personally I would stick to 17" as 18" will bring with it some compromises that will make the ride/handling worse. There are many options that look good.

I recently bought a brand new ND (also Soul Red) and had the “factory” sports suspension. However the dealer did not do any realignment., so I had it done and it was out, so I would recommend getting it done - your tyres will thank you.

Good luck getting what you need/want.

Thanks both! Will take a browse.

Much needed info you’ve helped with.

I think I’ll stick to 17’s and will make sure the dealer sorts the alignment before delivery.

Just for reference, this is what the alignment for my car was after it left th

e Mazda dealer and what it was after I had it independently “fixed”…