MX5 Rally & Limited Edition Photoshoot @ Beaulieu on 5th April 2009

Hi all

A message from ArizonaSun (Paul)  

We are organising a gathering of the UK Limited Editions for a photo shoot for a new Hardback book called “You And Your Mazda MX-5”.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>This was originally published in 2002 by Haynes Publishing, the Author Liz Turner has now been asked to do an updated version.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Having been in contact with Liz over the last few weeks answering various questions on limited editions, we then hit upon this idea.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>The book will feature information about all the st1:country-regionst1:placeUK</st1:place></st1:country-region> limited editions from 1989 – 2009 and what we propose to do is to have a couple of pages with photos featuring all the limited editions together.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>This will probably mean having a photo with all the MK1’s together, a photo with all the MK2’s together, and a photo with all the MK3’s together, and possibly one of all the cars together.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Each photo will state the limited editions with their rightful owner’s name alongside.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>So, it is a great chance to have your car/name in a book that is distributed around the world.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Liz has also said that she will be able to offer each person that appears in the photo a signed copy of the book (although  this will regrettably be at full cost of the book and will not be available until approximately summer 2009).      <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>

We require 1 of each of the limited editions to appear in the official photographs, although I think it would be a good idea if we aim for 2 (in case someone cannot make it at the last minute).  Obviously, if both of you turn up on the day then we’ll have to flip a coin to see who gets their car in the photo, and I hope that those who are ‘unlucky’ on the day understand that it’s nothing personal!

<o:p> </o:p>The event will take place at st1:placest1:placenameBeaulieu</st1:placename> st1:placenameMotor</st1:placename> st1:placetypeMuseum</st1:placetype></st1:place> on Sunday 5th April 2009. <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>We have been told that there is no charge to enter the grounds to do the photo shoot, but if visitors wish to look around the museum we have been given a special group price of around £10 per person (instead of the usual £15.50 per person).<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>

We will be making a list of people and reserves next to the appropriate Limited edition.  I have already got some of the slots filled by people who have provided me with early support on this idea, and I’ll add this information as soon as Bob has posted up the topic on the forum, so as not to disappoint anyone.

The cars don’t have to be perfect, showroom standard examples (although it would be nice!) as the photos are going to be of large groups of cars rather than close-up shots of individual ones. 

<o:p> </o:p>

If you are interested just post a reply here, stating the edition you have.

<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>This will be on a first come, first served basis<o:p></o:p>

Bob, on behalf of Paul

Oooh this sounds interesting; I have a Yellow Mk1 J11 Ltd 1.8 Eunos roadster 1994 L reg

The required UK Limited Editions are listed below:<o:p></o:p>

Please note that we ideally require 2 of each limited edition.

Although some limiteds have more than one colour so we may have 2 red Arizonas, 2 Silver Arizonas and 2 Yellow Arizonas for example.

The names of people that have registered 1st are in red

The names of people that registered 2nd and may be asked to be involved in the photoshoot are in blue 

Please Also Note

This should be a great day out and if anyone is interested in coming to Beaulieu but you do not have a limited edition then you are still very welcome, you will also be able to take advantage of the discounted entry price (£11 per person instead of £15.50 per person) but would have to arrive before 11.00 am to take advantage of the discounted price.

Full information and times etc can be found on page 7, 10th down  of this thread or can be viewed here       http://www.mx5-3rdgenerationlimited.com/beaulieu

MK 1

1990 BBR Turbo (Red / White / Black) Alex (Red) / EvilTwin (White)

1991 Limited Edition Paicedj / Jason East

1991 LeMans Suzy Bee / Harco<o:p></o:p>

1992 SE (1st release with Polished wheels) Nantcelyn / Paul Higgins

1993 SE (2nd release with Silver wheels) Marina Krisko / Slackthedalek

1995 California James and Carol Fowler /<o:p></o:p> Bill and Elaine

1995 Gleneagles Nick / Malcolm

1996 Monaco Gareth Chew /

1996 Merlot Mr Merlot / Brian and Sheila Cooper

1997 Dakar Jason Lupton / Dr John Pillinger

1997 Monza Paul Powell / Derek Webb

1997 Harvard theocupyre / Roy Chenery

1997 Classic Chris O’dwyer / Rosmarie Thorn

1998 Berkeley Nigel & Julia Carver / Chris Dunster

MK 2

<o:p></o:p>1998 Sport (Red / Blue) Risingsun (Red) / George `n st1:placeNess</st1:place> (Red)

1999 10th Anniversary  Ian Forrester / Planet Claire

1999 SE Daddy Cool / Yvonne Johnston

2000 Jasper Conran (Black / Silver) Phillip st1:cityst1:placeWittenberg</st1:place></st1:city> (Black) / Cronan (Silver)

2000 California Sunny / Heather Hall

2000 Isola

2000 Icon Lancs_Lad / Hillary Frewer

MK 2.5 <o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

2002 Phoenix (Black / Grey) Brian Mcmillan (Grey) / David Thompson

2002 Arizona (Red/Silver/Yellow)

Colin Martin (Yellow) / Rooflessdriver (Silver) / Ellen and Derek Fennemore (Red)

2002 Trilogy Sean Stanley and Jay Kay / David.d

2002 Montana (Red / Green) Graham and Julie Lines (Green) / Tania Flavin (Green)

2003 Nevada (Silver / Blue) Combover (Silver) /<o:p></o:p> Andy & Sandra (Silver)

2003 Angels (Red / Silver)  Graham Brooks

2003 Indiana The Judge /

2004 Euphonic (Black / Grey / Red / Silver) Naughty Donna (Red) /<o:p></o:p> Bunney Mitchel (Grey)

2004 Artic (Blue / Grey / Silver) Richard Owen

2005 Icon (Black / Orange / Grey / Silver) Colin Martin (Orange) / Tango1956 (Orange) 

MK 3 <o:p></o:p>

2005 3rd Generation limited (Launch Edition) Arizonasun / Mazda Chick

2007 Z Sport  Gerwyn Chilcott / Chris Hackett

2007 Icon (Red / White / Blue) Jenny Ward (Blue)

2008 Niseko (Blue / Silver) Angela Reed (Blue) / EmilyMX5

Thanks for posting that up Bob

Please remember the book is aiming to gather just the UK Limited Editions

If you wish to join us just post a reply and I will add your name to the list

Sounds like fun I have MK3 3rd Generation Limited (Launch Edition) like your one Paul so put me down as a stand in if needed. I am sure you will not want to miss out but just incase. Maybe we could have the two sitting side by side ah…!!!
Mine as you know is 99 out of 300 in UK.

Cheers
Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Dont think we qualify. I have a 91 J1 Ltd Roadster but the original post asked for “UK” models.

Bob, please confirm, is this “UK” cars only.

Thanks Paul,

Looking forward to this one…[;)]

Hi i’ve got a 99 10th anniversary, with all the presentation packs, certificate & brochures if needed.

Ian[H]

Yes I can confirm that it is only UK Limited Edtions required for the photo shoot 

2000 Mk2 Icon[:)] Good excuse for a weekend away from Sheffield.

OOps missed the UK bit… oh well counts me out

I have a '91 BBR Turbo with original alloys etc

I have a 1998 Berkeley that would like to take part!

I have 1990 BBR Turbo white all factory apart from the wheels. 

Hi Paul,

I have a Racing Green Montana availabe for this shoot.

Regards

Graham

Hi Paul

Ian (rising sun) brought this to my attention. I would be happy to come along with my 2001 Jasper Conran Black if you need me.

At this moment in time the only additions to my car are a front spoiler which can be relatively easy to remove, but the original alloys need a lick of paint, plenty of time to get sorted. But i was planning on some cosmetic extras. Would this be better served after the photo shoot to keep the car as stock as possible or are alterations welcome?

Cheers
Phill

Yeah, I’d be up for that
2003 Trilogy - black

Hi Bob,
We have a Mk2 1999 Sport Red (all original) and would be happy to come down from Norfolk to help out if needed. We also have to colour coded hardtop if they want a picture with the lid on, thought at that time of year its usually well packed away.
Regards,

Thanks everyone that has replied 

I have added everyone to the list , so the list on page one is up to date

Keep them coming  [;)]