MX5 trip Northwest 500 July 2022

Anybody had any joining instructions yet?

No i am a little concerned about lack of contact
Iā€™ve booked and paid for accommodation half way up leaving on the 30th.

Iā€™m not booked on this but did a bit of Googling out of curiosity and found this forum post that links to what I think is the event organiserā€™s website? Itā€™s an old post and could be coincidence so Iā€™m not alleging anything; this is already out there in the public domain.

Just to give you guys an update. I can no longer make it as I now have the kids that week. I reached out to Adam on 07895961091 asked for refund or change the date of my booking to something else. He said he is happy to do the latter.

Iā€™m not sure what I will do at this point (either ask partial refund or change date/event) but my suggestion to anyone who is still intending to go I would contact him direct and ask about joining instructions.

Thatā€™s a shame you cannot make it
I hope it gets resolved for you refund or re book.

Nobody has heard from Andy with funal arrangements or a welcoming email.

I am going to try and contact the campsites today and will post any replies

Chris

As a casual reader of this thread I got very interested in what Iā€™ve been seeing.
Conclusion, would I book a tour, most definitely not, does it look a little iffy, most definitely.
Can I believe any of these trips ever happened, where are the glowing reviews, posts on folks experiences?

Hi

I have just telephoned all of the campsites that were listed on the itinerary.
1 Inverness - Bught - no booking and not heard of Adam Lamb or company name

2 Gairloch - Sands Caravan and Camping - they have heard of him and he has used them before but no booking for the 1st

3 Durness - Clatchtollbeach - know him well 2 bookings for other groups but not for us and no fully booked

4 Thursobay - no answer

Since then had an email from Adam Lamb saying ā€˜just had a call from Clatchtoll - it would seem our booking has not been put in the book? We have been there 8 times so far this year but somehow this one is not with them. I have just emailed all the other sites and will get back to you todayā€™.

I have emailed back to ask how many of us are on the trip and waiting for a reply.

I, too, had researched Adam Lamb and found the information above but this was after i had paid the full amount.

I am unsure what to do as keen to go but obviously the distance and cost of fuel will be huge if it doesnā€™t work out as i am travelling on my own. Apart from Steve and I no one has said they are going but they may not be members of this group.

Chris

Three out of four with no bookings for this trip doesnā€™t sound very promising.
I hope it gets resolved and the trip is legit, but the past history on this guy leaves me with doubts.

Check out youtube video of the same name as the company. On there is a bikers tour from 3 days ago, looks good, they look happy.

I just get the feeling if you are running a company no matter what is entails, communication is key to success or failure, or it could mean something else.

The address in Litchfield is not far from me. If this turns out to be a scam Iā€™m going there for a visit

3 Likes

I flagged up some subtle concerns a month back.
Nobody bothered responding.
Also, nobody else picked up the organiserā€™s apparent impression itā€™s an MGF / TF jaunt?
Which could mean nothingā€¦or everything but did anyone bother to challenge that?
A week, sort of , to goā€¦and now some buttons are finally getting pressed.
Innocent till proved guilty mind, but 30 MGs/ MX5s times Ā£99.00 is good dosh if you can get it.
Does anyone know anyone in the MG clubs?
Amazingā€¦ :woozy_face:
Iā€™d have thought ā€œClubby Cloutā€ could have been used to sharpen this guyā€™s wits a bit.
So saying, such jaunts outwith the OC Club is nowt to do with it either.
Perhaps this matter will get a few ideas on that going. Safety in numbers.

Yes i know exactly where it is too, pass down that road to Lichfield often.
Of course you get thinking if itā€™s dodgy would you put an address? Thereā€™s a telephone number too for contact, anyone tried it?
Iā€™ve got no involvement but Iā€™d think about trying that number out if I had.

Just spoke with Adam on the phone (the mobile phone i quoted earlier)

I mentioned that although i canā€™t now make the trip others that have booked and still going on this trip have not received confirmation and were issues with campsite bookings.

He said he already emailed Chris and will sort this asap. He said a genuine booking mistake was done and has now alternative campsites have been booked.

I asked him to sort this asap, i did not request/demand a refund yet as my intention was to rebook but i wait to see how this gets resolved before i contact him again or decide to pay those premises a visit.

Getting somewhere :+1:

Does make you wonder, 30 cars maybe pitching up (no pun intended) first night in Scotland, sorry we havenā€™t got a booking for you.

Hope its all sorted.

The tents were supposed to be already pitched up waiting for usā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Can I humbly suggest that if you want to experience the best of NW Scotland , travel alone preferably , or with a maximum of two friends . Nonsensical 30 car tours are one of the very reasons the NC 500 hype machine is destroying what it set out to promote .

3 Likes

Very much agreed. The NC500 is ruining the NC500.

The route used to be something I would do once or twice most years. Now it is far too busy with convoys. Litter and other debris (some very unhygienic) have been left behind by the increased number of tourists too.

A solo trip, slightly off-season would be better IMO. Early in the year is good (Easter holidays) because itā€™s pre-season, has a chance of decent weather and the midges havenā€™t really come out yet either.

1 Like

My understanding was that we were to arrange ourselves in a few groups for doing the driving together and have somewhere to sleep and clean up for the night. Thats what we actually paid. All food and fuel is on us.

I was told a WhatsApp group would be formed in advance to do just that.

Groups of five with four to five cars in each group i think it would be fine.

I had reservations due to a) the cheapness of the thing and b) sleeping in a tent. To remedy the latter I was going to book a hotel mid way to have a proper sleep and clean.

I sincerely do hope its not a scam.

Just texted him saying I was getting nervous as had not received joining instructions and he replied that he is on a trip with 15 VW campers that ends tomorrow so will send Saturday.

Still planning to go, but will be checking with the campsites he names when instructions come throughā€¦

Hi Steve

I know exactly what you mean ive been nervous from day one
He has told me that he is sending things out by the end of the week as well.
I have booked accommodation half way up on the 30th what are your planā€™s
I just think he is not very good at communicating with people and leaves things to late.
Lets hope its a great week.
Hopefully see you up there.

Regards

Chris

Weā€™re in the Lake District from Saturday and planning to go to Inverness from there - not worried about losing the Ā£289, just about not having the holiday we hoped for

Steve