MX5 trip Northwest 500 July 2022

Totally agree
Im stopping in Appleby-in-westmoreland

Have a safe journey.

Chris

Anybody who is guilty of inflicting 15 VW campers on anywhere , let alone Wester Ross and Sutherland , deserves a custodial sentence … :scream:

3 Likes

Good 'ol epidemic of British summer lemmingitis strikes again.
Dover today.

Mental.
At least the motorhomes are going the right way…

2 Likes

To everyone who is still planning on going to this trip. Have you guys received confirmation, and arrangements where you are staying or not?

Just wanted to check before i start planning my visit to those premises in Litchfield. Thanks

Hi George
Yes i have had confirmation email with list of campsites and itinerary.
He is supposed to be sorting out a WhatsApp group as well but not as yet.

Hi Chris, do the campsites check out?

cheers
George

There are two changes from list on original email.

2 Likes

Well it looks as though there are ten MX5s going on this trip - joining instructions received and WhatsApp group set up for drivers so it’s all coming together

2 Likes

Have a good trip.:+1:

Myself and others were in doubt about this ever happening, TBH I wish I was part of it except for the camping bit, been there, done that when I was much younger.

We had to abort our plans and paid bookings around 18 months ago for an NC500 trip, hopefully we can get it together again soon.

Well… personally I’m glad the trip is happening. Although I’m also not keen sleeping in a tent I do wish I could join you lot as i originally planned.

Post some pictures will you? :+1:

I see that Adam/Inspired Events is also taking a group of MX5’s to Circuit da Folembray in early October. Has anyone signed up to this?

No but I was thinking to ask details about it and transfer the money I paid for that event instead. (as long as were not camping in a tent)

No, it’s a hotel. Just!:joy:

Looks like a good trip though. Thinking of pressing the button tonight. :grimacing:

can you please send me some details mate?
thanks

This is what Adam sent me:

Thanks for your interest in the trip. We will all meet at Folkestone at 11.30am on the 4th of October to sort out all the tickets and paperwork ready to board the 1.20 train to Calais. Once on the other side in France we will regroup and head to our overnight stay in Soissons at the Kyriad Hotel. Which is about a 3hr drive from Calais depending on speeds.
Once checked in the rest of the day is your own to spend as you wish, but most people seem to just want to relax and have something to eat and a couple of drinks before getting an early night ready for the track day
Wednesday morning there is a continental breakfast on offer at the hotel (at an additional cost). We will depart at 8am and travel about half an hour to the Circuit Da Folembray. Where we will book in and cover over the health and safety and track rules etc. In the morning we will be going out in groups so that everyone can get a feel for the circuit and pace they are comfortable at. There is never more than 20 cars on track at any one time. And being a fairly long track, it means you will not be bunched up or feel intimidated.
The track day ends at 5pm and we then returned to the hotel to freshen up, we try to all go into town as a group and have a few drinks and some food and talk about the day’s high and lows. And a great way to get make new friends.> On Thursday morning we will depart for our return crossing from Calais. Our tickets are open for a return ferry any time on the 6th so you are free to make your own way back if you wish or travel back as part of the main group Also there will be a professional photographer at the track who will produce a usb stick for you to buy of the day’s events. Full public liability insure and medical team on standby at the circuit. Thanks
The full cost of the trip is just £389 per car and includes the driver. Passengers are welcome but there is an additional cost per person of £80. If you would like to be part of this trip then you can secure you place with a £99 deposit payable by debit or credit card. This event is proving very popular and us limited to 50 cars. If you would like to book your place, please let me know

a> > > > > > >

x Regards

Adam

1 Like

Well in case anyone wondered the trip turned out to be legit and apart from a bit of wind and rain and the almost inevitable slave cylinder failure is going well. If you consider sleeping in a tent to be going well…

2 Likes

be strong… and drink lager. After all it could have been happening during a heatwave…

1 Like

Character builder.
Bacon & egg banjo with brown sauce for brekky?
Food of the gods.
Extra midgy protein mixed in? Free optional extra.
Dont forget to bury the pooh please.

2 Likes

Anyone heard from them?
It’s a worry.
The Roman 9th Legion of 5000 disappeared up here too a story once went…
Strange things can happen in the mists & rain…
Deep in the glens, no one can hear you scream.

3 Likes

They met themselves coming the other way on the single track in Strath Dionard . Things got ugly- they’re still arguing over the passing place .

4 Likes