my latest 5

Nice looking NC Bally - could do with lowering it now 

eventually got a few hours to myself , so decided to get on with changing all my oils,
engine and filter , gearbox and diff all changed ,
gear change feels smoother now

out for ride 

washed , waxed , then back in garage…Laughing

another pic Cool

all tucked up nice n warm in garage away from snow.

uploading some pics to new computer and came across my favorite pic of my old mk1, so i thought i’d share…1 or 2 …we all like a pic or two.

decided a change needed with the dash panel so resprayed it , if this looks odd/poor  then going for hydro-dipping.

all back together…did hoop covers too.

a job i wish i had never started…

but looks ok…

0pinions ??

Woof! I love the colour mate. Very swish!

may look a slight orange on pics but its actually like brand new copper pipe colour ( metallic ) and a pig to use for a novice as me.

Nice car, exactly the same as mine.  I love red cars with dark alloys.  I had my standard sport alloys powder coated in smoke silver, looks more anthracite to me, the car looks way better than with silver ones.  Nice motor.

Very nice

had a ride over saddleworth moors , great roads 

took some pics…

so, the copper colour was nice but looked a bit OTT,

i decided it was time for back to black…

The point is, you are experimenting and prepared to take a step back.

Perhaps the copper would have looked fine with a black car?

Anyway…the latest effort is just right.

Good work!

I going to do mine shortly, in red to match the car colour. I have a spare dash panel (the shiny black) as my fitted dash panel is brushed silver, I match the roll hoops too with red.

Did you use any special primer on the plastic and a laquer on the finished paint colour?

hi mick ,

yes , i used 2 x plastic primer then 2x grey primer , 4 x colour coat then 2 x clear coat…but i am no professional just keen DIY.

top tip i was given , stand your rattle can in hot water for 10 mins before using , it gives a better finish.

As Robin says at least you are having a go, I have tried loads of things on our MX5’s over the years, invariably starting again.