my latest 5

wow…look at this new delivery.

unfortunately , its just the box. 

inside are the s/h GAZ coilovers i managed to aquire. seller packaged them in this box …

they need a clean up / check over , then get them fitted…

You had my heart racing there Geoff?  Great opener to your latest post mate! Knowing the way you approach things, these new (to you) units will be fettled and on the car in no time? Looking forward to seeing this episode progress. Like a lot of things, we can all throw a ton of money at something but you go about it differently? Achieving improvements/modification to your car at a reasonable cost and you’re not afraid of putting a lot of effort in to get the results! Well done that man! now get on on with fettling! 

Barrie

Thanks for the encouragement Barrie. Will do

these are the coilovers i bought ,

one before and one after they were stripped , cleaned , painted , new top mount bushes fitted and rebuilt.

before fitting…

after fitting…

took it out for a 70 mile blast today to settle them coilovers before going for alignment sorting next week…

found this link very helpful…

http://www.glasgowdave.c…dash/Dash_Panels_MX5.pdf

dash panel and hoops back to black

Oh no!  Well there’s one thing Geoff? You’ll be able to do this in your sleep soon?  Just make sure it fits back on OK with all the paint thicknesses?  Seriously though, you going for the gloss black this time?

Barrie

pics to follow.

all back together now…

going to try n stop tinkering now…

debadged the rear end…

after…

Nice job there Geoff? 

Barrie

given her a fettle inside n out…

fancy a ride out now…

just checked on her…still too salty to come out.

today i had a go at making a wind blocker, 

got perspex and cut this to shape from a template supplied by my mate bettabuilda 

completed with chrome hoops 

very nice

That’s a great picture there 

had another tinker with the engine cover too…

tried to get an effect with my heat gun but in self distructed half way through but still reasonably happy…

Good work there Geoff! I like how you’ve closed off the bit that normally has the OEM windblocker base section sat in it? Looks good?  I need to get one of those 

Barrie

you really do barrie

plenty of tinkering been going on lately …

just got these back from powder coaters, they have done a fantastic job 

no pics yet of wheels on the car but will get some when snow has gone.