National Rally 2013 Got any questions ? Post in this thread please...

Hi I am a new, new member and wondered if i am to late to book to join you?..

regards

johnwheeler

Hi John. Its not too late at all, you just need to turn up with the appropriate rally access hanger for free member access.  You should have had one sent to you but if not then contact membership, give them your details amd membership number. Their details are in the Club magazine STHT and they will send one out. See you there… Smile

When I said a new member I truly ment a new member only signed up on Sunday! so what do I do next? I have had an email acknowledgement for the club fee and I think membership details etc are to be sent…

regards

johnw

Ah ha, OK, then you should get a rally pass with your membership details which will be with you soon, give it a few days to arrive… 

Can’t find any details on what to do when arriving at the event in another car (shows a long way for me & not working at the moment so planning on using the diesel mobile to cut costs), is there another entrance to use or will the Marshals direct me to the appropriate place? Knowing how much traffic is going to be going in I don’t want to be the one holding it up :-). Whats the earliest we can get on car parks too?

Thanks in advance Chris H

Please use the normal gate, you’ll be directed to non-MX-5 parking from there. Gates are 10:30.

I applied to enter the car competition a couple of weeks ago.  I had a quick acknowledgement reply to my email from Richard Nicol but it did not include any entry details or forms to complete and return.  Other I know have received this information and have returned their forms.  Am I able to enter / have been entered?

Thanks.

Hi

Could some kind person please point me in the right direction of where I can get a National Rally Windscreen Hanger, mine was not included with current issue of STHT.

Many thanks

Marcus.

Contact the folks in membership admin, (email or phone details in STHT), give them your membership number they’'ll be able to send out a replacement… :slight_smile:

Email Richard on the competitions email address and check with him direct please. The deadline for entries has not passed yet so you will definitely be able to enter… 

Would like to have entered the “Daily Driver” class, but annual mileage is too low unfortunately, at approx 4-odd K per year so will just enjoy the spectacle! (and the car isn’t suitable for the Std Class either due to some “non-OEM” parts fitted and not mint condition).

Still looking forward to the event, hugely…

Wife’s birthday on the Sunday too…Kiss

Bill

How do OC boffins

Just to clarify
We rock up on whichever day we wish to see the house and gardens at the usual pay point and flash our cash and membership card. Is that right?
Further - the discount is only for the weekend and does it not extend over a few days?
Just that in the event the weather is not so good on the Saturday it’d be good to have the option to go on another day - for those making a break of it in fair Norfolkshire :slight_smile:

Murky buckets in advance

You’re spot on, they have been specially trained in spotting a Club membership card and the discount will apply to the party (assuming as you will be in an MX-5 that’s two of you) , discount agreed for Sat and Sun only, but if you can’t go then its still worth a visit at full price!

Is the Owners Club supporting a specific charity this year at the National Rally?

No, do we usually then?

We have supported Help for Heroes previously.

Help for Heroes will be at Sandringham, so you will be able to support them if you wish.

We are travelling up on the Saturday and plan to visit Sandringham House. Where is this in relation to the rally site. Do we park at the rally site on the Saturday and walk to Sandringham or can we drive directly to Sandringham and park there.

Phil, For Sandringham House on Saturday park at the visitor centre or at our meet and greet point nearby. The rally site is not open on the Saturday. For info its about a 0.75 mile 15-25 minute walk between the two. 

Check out this thread and the linked map which gives the locations for meet greet point etc.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69025

we are a 3 mx5 family . my husband and i have joint membership but only one free entry car hanger…my son i think is a lapsed member or at lrast onthe last minthof his membership…can we pay on the gate on arrival ? we are hoping to come sunday.