National Rally

Andy,
and what’s at Santapod?

Given the answer above is about what else attracts the other half, its not really a car event that people seem to want.

I wasn’t replying to the ‘answer above’, the original post was asking about going to Gaydon again. I was purely making a suggestion for an alternate option, if no one wants it that’s fine, although I haven’t seen it offered as a venue to say people don’t want it. 

The VW bods come to the 3 counties show ground at lest twice a year every year. but local accommodation could be a problem but not impossible    

also there would be no setting up to do as it is all there.

Hope this is in the right place…  Just received STHT and saw page 13 concerning Anniversary Rally.  Tried the site address as advertised and it returned Error 404.  Would somebody kindly tell me what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.

Edit: A further anomaly. I typed the letters S,T,H,T and the unabbreviated version posted, ungrammatically to make matters worse!   

nothing wrong

A new site is being put together and the new domain name is set up for the event.

on it.

If it helps give some balance, I will probably become a paid up member because of it being in Gaydon - fully in support!

It’s a great deal this year, if you are bringing a guest on the day then taking out a Club membership before the event is a terrific deal, works out your membership for the rest of the year is about £2!

(plus joining admin)   

May I respectfully ask when the details (preferred or most popular hotel accommodation, competition entry form, timings etc) are likely to be released.

Thank you.

Grant

I belong to a car club.

I went to Gaydon, and will go again, or to any car related venue.

I didn’t go to Ragley Hall as I have no interest in Stately Homes and all their extravagance. if I had I would be a member of the National Truss and not the MX5 OC.

I find the whole antique scene distasteful; e.g. we bought this off a little old lady for £5 and sold it for £5000 

Just my humble opinion.

What a weird outlook…not all car events can be held at car specific locations. Ragley Hall was a superb place to spend the day and no one was pounced upon to sell off their heirlooms cheaply…

As a new member to MX5OC I will be going to Gaydon for the first time, so great choice for me and even being ‘Up North’, plan to travel down.

I‘ve also been a regional organiser for another car club in the past never mind a national event, and it takes a lot of time and energy to organise a good event, so I sincerely take my hat off to the NC and compared to a lot of clubs, seems well organised.

Thank You

Couldn’t agree more. I’d take a garden centre over a stately home. I appreciate it is just about as far south as you can go but Beaulieu would be another great venue. It’s got the car museum, Top Gear nonsense, a stately home (for those who like antiques), a massive outdoor space that would easily cope with the number of MX5s, plus it’s in the stunning New Forest so plenty of other things to see and do if people wanted to make a weekend of it. Too late for this year but worth considering for future rallies.

404 error duplicate! 

Is there a cut off date I’d have to become a paid up member by in order to get into the rally?

You can turn up on the day and join.

Yes you can join on the day, but that will not get you in to the event without charge - you will need to pay the gate fee on the day which is not refundable against membership on the day as it is the Museum entry price.

The final cut-off to join in time to be a member for the event is 5th September.

edit: Forum crapped itself so I deleted a duplicate

WHAT? The National has been held there before? This is terrible news.

I’m cancelling my membership and setting fire to my car AT ONCE!

I took my Dakar to Gaydon for the 2014 spectacular and was allocated a place in the blue section (being a Dakar of course) and really had a great day. The Dakar found a new home not long after but last year, after a long search, has been replaced by a 92 S-Spec. So I will make myself a paid member again as it’s only fair I treat the S-Spec to the same experience ??..but when is it as I can’t find the date on this post.

14th & 15th September.