National Rally

[quote=Time Lord]

I took my Dakar to Gaydon for the 2014 spectacular and was allocated a place in the blue section (being a Dakar of course) and really had a great day. The Dakar found a new home not long after but last year, after a long search, has been replaced by a 92 S-Spec. So I will make myself a paid member again as it’s only fair I treat the S-Spec to the same experience ??..but when is it as I can’t find the date on this post.

And are the 5s in groups according to colour again.

Is it actually still 2 days cos the national rally site shows it as the 15th only and is still pretty much empty! I need to book my hotel but won’t be doing both nights if the event is only the Sunday. It’s getting very close now all being equal and people need to make arrangements 

The main rally I believe is on the Sunday but stuff happening on the Saturday too. See post #3 in this thread.

From the magazine June.

Hello All

Can I say a massive thankyou to Martin the chairman Iain/Paul and everyone who organised this national at Gaydon.

I know what it is like to organise a local event, but this was nothing short of brilliant.

From my members and myself a really well done to you all just simply the best yet.

Thankyou all

Terry Manders South West Midlands AC  

Fully agree

An amazing 2 day event, best yet, and all the other rally’s have been excellent

thankyou so much to all the organisers and everyone involved in making a wonderful event

regards

mark

Terry, I second that.

It’s so easy to assume that the OC is a commercial enterprise with all the resources necessary to organise an event like this.  The truth is it all falls on the shoulders of a few key individuals who live and breath the event for months in advance. They are backed up by volunteers who put in the hours, help things to flow smoothly, put up with complaints from visitors who have been inconvenienced in some way, and may not even get to see much of the event itself.  

The rest of us just turn up and enjoy ourselves.  Me included.

My congratulations and gratitude to all those who did the real work.

thank you all for organising a great day

Cheers

MF 

Well done to everyone involved, just back from a great day at Gaydon .
A great selection of lovely cars. We were slightly surprised not to see any other NB California’s.

Simon.

Totally agree. We thought that this was the best rally we had attended- even beating Ragley Hall. Where did they find the group- they were brilliant,!

Congratulations to everyone involved in the organisation. Great job!

We agree as well. We were wondering earlier how on earth the Club manages to organise an event on this scale, and get free entry to the Museum thrown in. Many, many thanks to all those responsible.

To everyone who has had any involvement in organising and running this years event all I can say is you have done a brilliant job. Can’t fault the venue, or the facilities laid on. The Revolvers were excellent with the 60s music and the stunt team also very good.

More important were the sheer volume of cars that attended, truly impressive.

Many thanks, ignore the critics!!

Craig.

What a great event that was!

A wonderful selection and variety of MX5s and plenty of other interesting things to see and do and it’s always nice to meet and talk to so many like minded people.

It was my first time at the museum and I loved the exhibits and just how up close you could get to them.

The organisers did a great job of getting so many cars into the event without any real delays.

I’d have to say that one of the real stars of the day was the M.C/commentator Dougie Robertson who managed to talk all day but kept it entertaining, enthusiastic and interesting.

The event was a great credit to the club,

Thanks.

Well done and praise to all involved.

Sun also shone on the righteous (all of us who attended) i should know as my face is as red as a monkeys bum!

Thank Hevans, for these few words: 

They are backed up by volunteers who put in the hours, help things to flow smoothly, put up with complaints from visitors who have been inconvenienced in some way, and may not even get to see much of the event itself.

You said it in the most delightful way.

(With ack. to Charles Aznavour )

Probably not my place to say but - Thank you, on behalf of them all.

Thank you to the hard working committee who organised such an excellent event.   I’ve been to almost every Rally in the last five years (entry-photo mug collection as proof), and this was by far the best, and in so many ways.

I volunteered on the Sunday (for the first time with the O/C) and was impressed by the very high standard of the organisation and how we new faces were welcomed into being part of a happy and cheerful team.  It was a great way to meet more members (thousands!) and help them to enjoy the occasion.  I enjoyed every moment of it, from helping park hundreds of cars to letting the air out of the ‘bouncy castle’ tent at the end.  And in between there was the whole event to enjoy. 

If you’ve not volunteered before, I can recommend it.  There will be more chances to join in with helping next year.

I have a special thank you to Iain and Duane who showed outstanding energy, patience and enthusiasm at the heart of the front-line activity from start to finish on the day.  Near the end I was impressed to see that Tom Matano had thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many MX5 enthusiasts with them as guides.

I’m looking forward to the next rally.

This was my 3rd time at a National rally but my first time being a volunteer. Just attending the shows you have no idea on the scale of work required to put on these events done by volunteer club members…

I threw my hat in the ring to help after seeing a post by Debbie on the SWM forum about help needed in the shop, that’s not really my thing but got me wondering if i could help out elsewhere.

After a few emails i was enrolled with Duane for car parking duties. Turned up at 7am to be put to work straight away putting up barriers loading up the van with stock for the shop ect then parking till around 11:30 (grabbing a free coffee of the SWM stand just to keep me going) .

Then free to go round the show (which was excellent) I got asked if i could stay behind and help pack away which of course I did so there till around 18:30. I would say i did a tiny fraction of what some like Iain Duane and others did, not only on the day but months running up to it. 

Before you level any criticism give it a try yourselves… Nothing but praise should be given for such a great weekend.

And next time remember without volunteers it would not be possible more are needed. I will do my bit again if I’m able too.

I would just like to say a special thank you to for both the kind words and consideration above, but also the members of my ‘team’ who made the job so much easier by just getting on and solving the massive task of getting everyone in and happy (ok the happy may not apply to everyone!). Without you guys and girls the job would have been impossible!

I couldn’t have done it without you all

Duane

Another great show, all the work that goes in to these events unseen by the majority must be immense so I thank you all.