NC PRHT water in tboot

Hi, after searching trough the forum and founding no (appearent) answer i have to ask;…while doing some tlc on my 2010 NC PRHT i found some water in the trunk , the strange part is it’s only on the lower part and under the carpet, the top of the carpet is dry, i would never have known if not removing the carpet. The sides are dry as well so it is a bit of a mystery to me.
The brake light is often pointed but then ithe top of the carpet would be wet, no? Drain holes seem to be ok and if drainholes clugged then again the top/sides would be wet,no?

A few have had leaks around the rear lights, the gaskets perish. Remove the boot back panel plastics and investigate👍

A post I did some while ago when finding the same thing.

Thx all :+1: :wink: today i removed the linings/carpet, cheked the taillamp gaskets and they seem fine, cleaned the boot and sprayed generously water on the suspected areas; gutters (drain holes), brake light, aerial, taillights…no water ingress found. So i’m a bit confused…i hope it’s not one of those seams mentioned by Luegonigel as that would involve the rear bumper removal, no? The strange thing is that the water seems to come in from under the carpet ? Top surface is dry just as the rest of the trunk .

Have a look at this thread:

Is the car parked with it’s tail down hill?

Rick

Thx Rick, the car is parked flat (no downhills etc…) i believe the deck seal might not be the cause as the top of the carpet is dry , the water is realy under the carpet if i would not have removed it i would never know i had a problem.

1 Like

Condensation?

Not sure because where would the humidity come from ? But i hope i’m wrong and you’re right because ; 1. no other obvious cause untill now…2. that would implicate it’s an accidental/temporary inconvience and i shouldn’t worry to much because…; in june i’m moving to Spain and there she will become my “fun/good weather” car so rain, humidity will not be to much of a concern over there .

1 Like

The rear exhaust box is directly under the boot.
It can keep the boot warm enough for condensation if it chills off overnite.

Thx, this week will be rainy in Belgium (never taught i would ask for this…) and as i took the linings and the carpet out it’s a good moment to follow this up. Hope it’s condensation as this would signify that it’s not a leak or something …

FOUND IT!!! It was the aerial, after a first inspect (from the inside) it liiked ok so i searched further but after a closer inspect (and lots of rain…) i found the bottom of the antenna a bit loose so i tightened iten it but it seems “tricky” and there’s still some play. What should i do to fix it properly? Black silicone on both sides or the well known Tec 7? Or any other fix?

1 Like

I used a pair of circlip pliers and a smear of tiger seal or other silicone on my mums nc. Circlip pliers to remove the aerial nut and rubber bezel. Sorry I thought I’d posted this response but it hadn’t.

You may find it’s a little loose and just a nip up with the circlip pliers is all it needs. One of the first things I did on mine and I got a turn.