NC Seat lowering options

2006 NC Sport.

I’m just under 6’2" , big build, with a long body.

I struggle to get properly comfortable when the roof is up. I have to move the seat slightly further forward than would be ideal, and then rake the seat back, my head then just clears the roof but touches it slightly if i move in the seat, but the seat back rubs on roll hoops and squeaks and rattles (which I hate).

I know Jass Performance do some lowering brackets, but has any one used them and do they help ?
Is the 2.5" too much ?

Thanks in advance Darren.

I have the Jass 2.5" drops on both seats in my NC1. I’m not the longest fellow in the world at 5’10"…the reason I sorted it was my helmet was slightly restricted on track in the rain, roof up.
It now clears, no problem.
The only gripe I’d level at the lowering brackets is it only lowers the back of the seat and does create a slightly “different” seating position, a touch of getting used to there 'cos it’s having your spine/legs behave like a clam shell in a way.
Just yesterday at Oulton Park, I came across this setup which was a 4/5mm fabricated plate bolted direct to the floor, utilising the seat runners thus allowing back and forth motion of the seat.
It was a simple but well made solution to proper lowering which I will look at down the line.
Obviously, in use here also was a pretty flat floored bucket seat to take maximum advantage of the low position.

2 Likes

Depends what seats you have. Mine are the adjustable height ones and i think i made a thread somewhere about them jass brackets. They do work and similar to Reggie i now also fit in the car with a helmet on. However all it does on my seats is to change the rear brackets and allow the back of the seat to go closer to the floor of the car. The seat still move up and down and forward and backward on its rails

Found the guide i wrote