NC2 console in NC, what about seat heating?

There is loads of info to find on how to get an NC2 console in an NC1. Except for combining this with heated seats. From what I’ve found some people suspect the NC1 heated seats will not function with NC2 heated seat buttons. But I have not been able to find definitive answers. Does anyone on here have that?

This may help…

1 Like

Hi, I’m the guy that did the NC2 heated seat install in an NC1. The heated seats should work I believe with the NC2 switch, although they won’t have any heat control. It’s possible the seats might be on permanently as well. If you check the voltages on the plug under the seat, if the 12V turns on and off with the switch then it will turn on and off, but if there’s 12V there permanently the seats will be on all the time.

Thanks!

Thanks for all your info. I do not have an NC2 console yet so no way to check unfortunately. I’m deciding wether I should get a double din frame for NC1 dash or NC2 dash, I’d rather have the NC2 dash but my heated seats need to work…I don’t think the NC1 buttons will fit the NC2 console either:

NC1, seems wider:

NC2:

I put an NC2 centre console and radio in my NC1. The switches from the NC-2 were different, also I seem to remember I had to swap the window switch module.

I still have a heap of stuff in the loft so will have a look what I have.

Yeah window switches have to be transfered from nc1 center console to the new one. I’m looking forward to seeing what you can find :slight_smile:

It took some time to find the info, it was back in 2010 I did the door card and console mod and I had forgotten most of it.

Surprisingly the NC1 switches fit in the NC2 dash although they sit a little further back.

As you cn see, they still work fine though

The bulkhead plastic needs a little midification to allow the top of the lid to slide back

Otherwise everything is doable, I did convert the 3.5mm socket input to a USB input, that got carried over onto my NC3 as I like a front mounted USB rather than the glove box option.

Do you have any NC2 centre console parts or radio?

The cut plastic on the bulkhead
I seem to remember a slight difference in profile on the gear lever surround bezel, possibly the handbrake surround as well, but it was ten years ago and I may have forgotten.

Door cards are pretty much a straight swap apart from the screw in the handle which needed to be longer and packed out.

It’s not allowing me to post another pic as I’m a new user, yeah right!

Awesome! Bulkhead is the rear panel behind/between the seats right? In the left of the picture I am seeing the center cubby between the seats?

This is great news, it means I can get myself the center console. I was waiting with ordering a double din tombstone.

On another note, I saw in a another thread that you have a JVC KW-M745DBT radio, do you like it?

Correct, that’s what I call the bulkhead panel.

Not sure where you saw it but I didn’t have a different radio, only Mazda standard fit.

Are you in the UK, I have a centre console and fascia which are just hogging space in my loft.

I must have you mixed up with someone else concerning the radio.

I’m your Dutch neighbour :slight_smile: What parts do you have of the NC2 exactly? Maybe we should discuss this through pm?

That’s my JVC head unit you must have seen in another thread
It all works fine, no connection problems all apps work through android auto. Just a slight niggle with DAB but I think that maybe the aerial. TBH I’ve not thoroughly tested the unit in an extended run in the car, I’ve only had the car back on the road around 7 days and two short journeys.

Is there a PM option? the bits I have are just gathering cobwebs, they have been in my loft for seven years now so it would be nice if they were used.

Sadly COVID-19 will probably restrict movement of friend travelling to and from NL who might have transported them.

@MickAP Thanks for your feedback!

@pjr Sent you a pm :slight_smile: