ND Sat Nav - theft risk?

I am thinking about getting an ND - don’t know which variant yet. I am very surprised that the Sat Nav screen doesn’t retract into the dashboard when the ignition is off - like a latter day cinema organ! Is there a problem with scrotes stealing them or do even they realise that there is no point?

No, it is built into the dashboard. If you look up Roadies reversing camera fitting instructions it will show you how difficult it is to remove.
Stop thinking about it and do it, you will not be disappointed ------------------but then we are all biased aren’t we!!!
:heart:

I think it’s a job and a half to get them out TBH.

With sat nav on everybody’s phone nowhere days I doubt many get stolen.

Here you go MX-5 Mk4 ND Reversing Camera Kits *** No longer available **** - Buy and Sell [Replies by PM System Only] / Old Stuff and SOLD - MX-5 Owners Club Forum (mx5oc.co.uk)
:heart:

The actual Nav element is just the SD card, the screen is just a screen.

I think the theft of ICE systems harks back to the days when a lot of cars came without any system and just a single DIN blank in the dash. If you fitted an expensive system then the temptation for the lower end of society to nick it was high. They could sell it down the pub as it would fit in any other car.

Modern units tend to be vehicle model specific and deeply integrated into the systems of the car. In a lot of cases also locked to the specific vehicle. Difficult and pointless to steal.

1 Like

I know, can’t remember the last time I was offered a single din radio cassette with very mangled mounting tabs in the local…

1 Like

Wanna buy a car radio?

What make is it?

Dunno yet.

3 Likes