Need gunmetal wheel nuts

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2010
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

Best place to get gunmetal wheel nuts? I’m assuming M12x1.5 right?

Bit feeble the wheels came with shiney nuts

Scrap that apparently you can get nut covers

I’ve got the same problem - I’ve looked at some black nuts where have you seen the covers ?

eBay, I’ll see how they work and let you know

Thing is they are all for standard nuts and don’t fit over locking nuts , all my nuts are locking nuts won’t cheap replacing them all

This listing 184467313792

I’ve got exactly the same set up as I’ve just bought some Wolfrace pro lite race alloys - I’m thinking of spraying mine out

If I find any that are suitable I’ll pass the link on

I have found some coloured nuts on amazon and I think they do them in different colours

1 Like

Cheers, bit annoying they don’t do a gunmetal nut option when buying as I’d have gladly paid it

Those ebay nuts are 19mm so you may not have clearance to get a socket on some aftermarket wheels

1 Like

They are 21mm covers the ones I linked

Are these the right size for a 3.5?https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0048EJODS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_N0D9PXWEY2P90JZE18QZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’d go for silicon ones from eBay I use them on my black rims but I ordered one size down for a snug fit and as they are silicon they stretch

Ps this is not a photo of a Mazda rim

I’ll try these cover things and order a black set of locking nuts see how I get on, if they are rubbish I’ll get the ones from Amazon above

There are spline drive nuts available on ebay in gunmetal
Search
20 Pc set spline tuner lug nuts 12mm x 1.5 gunmetal Honda Accord

1 Like

Found these

What I meant was that some hex wheel nuts like the ones above don’t have enough room around the head to fit a socket on when the recess in the alloy wheel is very close. Its just worth confirming before you order.

2 Likes

Really good point there is not enough room to get a socket on - I’ve just had some plastic ones come and they don’t fit. Going to try the silicone ones

I suppose I’ll have to measure the ones I have so I know what to buy, or hope the covers work

I’ve got Rays Gunmetal nuts I bought from Nengun for my Mk4 Recaro.

1 Like

Like these?

It’s hard to work out what will fit my wheels

I don’t think Rays would sell at that price but the ebay seller obviously doesn’t have a problem with using their name for his chinese wannabies

As someone has already said, they are rather unlikely to be genuine Rays.

I bought these ones (you’d obviously need a 20 piece 5 hole set):