Neil McIntee (Mac5)

It’s with deep regret to inform you that Neil, Mac5 sadly passed away early Saturday morning after a short illness, he was 65.

Owner of the beautiful green NC MX55WOT and always up for a chat, a laugh and helpful advice on MX5s. A superb camera man too.

He’ll be sadly missed.

RIP Neil

2 Likes

That’s terrible news, Neil always filmed the Brooklands NYD gathering for me, plus over the years helped me through some bad times…
RIP Neil…I,ll miss you…
John Wheeler

2 Likes

He’ll be sadly missed, he was a great guy to talk to and was always a pleasure to meet up with.

RIP mate…

Always enjoyed Neil’s company at West London and Solent meets.
RIP Neil, you will be sadly missed at future events.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear this. Very sad news

Such sad news!
RIP Neil.

Very sad news! That’s no age to go :worried: never met Neil but knew of him, and his car.
RIP Mac5.
Barrie

Will be missed at meets, always cheerful, knowledgeable and as others have said, took a mean photo.
Rest in Peace

Just sat down for a rest after gardening and was shocked to see this awful news about Neil. He was a smashing guy and his 5 was always immaculate. I remember very well, chatting to Neil in the queue for the burger van at Ragdale Hall and he was always a delight to talk to. It was also good to see Neil and “The Gherkin”, which is what I think he called his 5​:thinking:, on Solent Area drives. He will be truly missed by all in the MX5OC :disappointed_relieved: and our sincere condolences go out to Neil’s wife and family. Again, thank you for the update John.

2 Likes

The Gherkin . . . Neil had badges made as well!

Neil doing what he loves, taking photos, this one was in 2018 at the Kempton Steam Museum…as I have already said he will be missed so much by all he met…

3 Likes

Jeff,
Many thanks for correcting me. I will duly update the post.
Regards
Mal

@Roadie Thanks for posting - I had’t got round to updating the forum when I was informed of the news yesterday.

As mentioned on another thread Neil, along with Sirpa, attended many West London meets and events and this news came as a total shock.

Thanks for the photo @fjohnw, I’ve just been looking through my collection to see if Neil or his lovely car were in a prominant shot, but don’t have anything of note - although the WL Facebook page does show his car at Gatwick Aviation Museum and Bushy Park!

RIP Neil.

3 Likes

He will be sadly missed , he was always fitting something new and Green on his NC ,
RIP Neil

Terribly sad news, sincerest condolences to his family and friends

sad news to lose a fellow 5’er , i never met mac5 but he helped me with my switchback indicators last year .
my thoughts are with his family :cry:

1 Like

We’ll miss Neil very much, always one with a good word and an interesting idea and ready to help, and never, ever boring. Both of us send our condolences to Sirpa and the family.
I’ve found some pictures.

Sirpa and Neil at the History on Wheels museum in Feb 2019,

Neil with camera and green Gherkin at a bitterly cold Goodwood in April 2018

Neil radiating his usual enthusiasm and energy at the Beaconsfield rendezvous with his previous Copper Red in March 2015, on the way to Bletchley Park

5 Likes

Great pictures and memories, Richard!

For those of you that didn’t know about Neils work background, here’s a couple of links that Sirpa sent me.

Whatvan

Fleetworld

4 Likes

Den and I only met Neil a few times but he always greeted us like old friends . A lovely guy and such sad news - our deepest sympathies to his family .