New forum questions and tips

ive logged in to the new forum with the new auto generated password, do you have to stick with that password as I cant see where you can change it to something you remember

Hi mate

1. Click on the circle in the top right corner of the page (see below)
  2. click on your username
  3. A new menu will appear, click on the little preferences cog (see below)

Thank you for that but still cant see an option to change my password

The membership system, forum and website are all integrated, password changes on the website under membership/profile

Relocated it.

1 Like

@Chillax - Not sure if we can change the navigation menu as the same issue is present on the Discourse support forum too.

If you enter a subforum, you can click on Top level category, and then the menu appears.

Does that help at all?

Ah, thanks Smiffy. Probably means there isn’t a way to have it displayed in every page then if it’s like that on discourse own site. Might be something they will change in a future update/version?

Thanks Ian, mucho appreciated mate :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you hit the logo at the top left you get back to the start.

It’s all a bit overwhelming, I’m trying to get used to it.
The part that is great is the ease of posting a picture now, something that some other members have found difficult to fathom.
Another now is it’s phone friendly where as before it seemed to mess up my text when trying post up or reply on a topic.
Great work has gone into it, now I’d insert a smiley from the site but I can’t find them so here’s one from my phone. :blush:

To activate smileys use the colon : key :smile:

Is it possible to have a ‘dark option’ the screen is a little bright…

If you select your avatar icon at the top right in the menu bar, and then go to Preferences

Followed by Interface, you can select a Dark theme. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I click on Change Password in the membership section it only offers “Get New Password” there is not an option to “Change Password”

Have worked it out! It is not clear that you have to over type the suggested password!

1 Like

Ah - thanks for pointing this out! We’ve made it so that this field doesn’t auto-suggest a password now, as you’re right - it’s not very clear…

Thanks.

It seems that external links which point directly to specific topics (e.g. the results of a Google search) are all broken and just redirect to the list of new topics.
Is it just a case of waiting for Google, Bing, etc to re-index the site? What about links to specific topics that I have saved in my Favorites?

I just tried to follow khalid’s advice on changing the display to the Dark theme but there seems to be a bug. Instead of switching to dark, it switches to a gigantic font and doesn’t render the page properly. Looks like a web page that failed to load properly. Thankfully I was able to find how to switch back but it’s repeatable and not a one-off glitch. (This is using Microsoft Edge on a Win10 laptop)

Sorry about this @Martin_Young - I’ll look into it and get back to you once we have a fix…

1 Like