New ND - Factory Suspension & Exhaust

mmmm will have to have a play… part of the thrill of a new car - working out how it works! not the same as my NA - no electronics at all…

Hi S,
The trick with the hood/windows is to get into the habit of NOT opening any doors till the roof is shut and the window closed. You can turn the engine off but it is opening of the doors that disables the windows.
The reason is that there is no auto shut on the windows so no anti trap sensors.
:heart:

Thanks Malc - I will try it later…

Did they fit the bungs in the sills without you asking? We all need to know.

Have a look here Mazda Owners Section; FAQs, Manuals & Information | Mazda UK for better information on instructions. Some of it is out of date but worth a read.
Will you sleep tonight!!!

1 Like

I can lock mine with the top down, so not sure if there is something different on the latest models - A setting that can be changed possibly?! Windows is a bit of a faff, and I do have to start engine to raise windows after putting the top back up…

They seem to have - I could not find a hole and there was a long piece of plastic in the place where the hole should have been - it was about 4 or 5 inches long… may take a picture and post it…

1 Like

Thanks - have been reading the manual (I have let myself down…) and it seems to suggest that you should always close the roof and windows before locking the car - but in practice we will see. I will have a play.

1 Like

Do you have to press the ultrasonic off button when locking with the roof down?

I tried that and it did not seem to make any change, still went off, but I will have a play…

Also ask your sales person, that’s what they are there for.

Looks great , yours is the first 21 plate I’ve seen .
It’s about time you changed your profile picture :wink:

Manual says

To cancel the intrusion sensor, press the intrusion sensor cancel button on the transmitter within 20 seconds after pressing the lock button.

The hazard warning lights will flash three times.

I found this online copy of the manual useful:

https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/mx-5/mx-5_8fl9ee16j/contents/04080303.html

Stupid question, but where was the second key when you tried to lock the car? If it was in the car then it’ll beep at you and not let you lock it.

The advanced keyless entry system is smart enough to not let you lock a transmitter in the car, but not smart enough to work out the other transmitter is outside the car at the time.

Personal experience from moving home. Put the key cabinet with spare keys in the boot of my car, key warning beep went off and car wouldn’t lock.

You don’t need to start the engine if your windows have timed out, just press the start button twice without pressing the clutch down and it will activate the car’s electronics so the windows become live again. Press the button again to shut it all down.

1 Like

Thanks Martin… 2 presses on the start button is like the first position on an ignition key (Auxiliary Power only) ! (Corrected 1st press is accessory position and 2nd press ignition on)

Good point about the second key - it was in a bag in the car. I will try it again today - unfortunately work got in the way yesterday!

Thanks - will try that.

I think this is part of the experience of getting a new car - understanding how it works!

i took the manual to bed last night, so that might help.

1 Like

Are you sure it was the shorter springs that led to the toe out? For that to happen it would imply inherent bumpsteer, and I very much doubt that Mazda built that into the design.