New ND2 - Excessive Transmission Movement

I genuinely would not worry. 

Firstly accept the hypersensitivity of this forum will make any issue far bigger than it is likely to be. Car go wrong all the time, they get fixed, they go one for many, many thousands of miles. 

For whatever reason the PPF frame nuts were loose, it happens, it is not the end of the world. 

Of course it is understandable that the original purchaser was able to reject the car but that does not make the car a reject. Many many cars have post delivery faults. They get fixed. Someone said “why did not not get picked up at PDI?” If it had, and again, many issues are, no one would be talking about a “broken car” the original owner would be totally unaware. And this is true for so many. Anyone owning a Toyota is likely totally unaware that almost all vehicles have some for of regional disassembly and refitting of different parts, trim etc once they arrive here and before they get to the showroom. 

There are people driving round in 25 and 30 year old MX-5’s with not a single clue about the history. “Well Fred, 20 years ago a bolt came loose, you need to keep and eye on that car!” 

There are “kids” still bolting turbo’s on, smashing them to the floor, drifting them, racing them and not thinking they had a Lemon. Our MK3 race broke a rear tie rod in qualifying at Raidillon at Spa last year and very nearly put me in the barrier. We changed the part, started at the back and won the race. There was no thought that the car was permanently tainted. 

At the end of the day, that issue will have been recorded on the Mazda database. If your PPF snaps in half in 4 years time, it will be known about. If anything there is more protection for that car than if there have been no fault noted. 

On reflection, I think it’s perhaps wise to re-word that one..

Air_1.

Your new car will be fine. Fill it up, check yer tyres, and wring it’s neck.

Enjoy. 

It’s an emotive subject when buying a supposedly “new” car. But I wonder how many Fiata owners realise that their car has been stood out in the cold and damp for something approaching 12 months while Type Approval was sorted out and how a significant number had to undergo paint rectification before the Dealer would release the car to the first owner. Although in some cases they did leave it to the owner to spot the problem and either rectified it or as I know, changed or accepted the return of the car and then sold it on with Delivery mileage. And I don’t think this is exclusive to this particular franchise anyway. But then if you’ve only got it on a 24 month lease or pcp maybe you really don’t care…

Many disused ex-military airfields in UK are full of unsold cars. Many, many thousands of them, sitting in the open for goodness knows how long.

Bruntingthorpe and Alconbury are just two I flew over last Friday.

Thank you for all the replies. I’ve spoken to the dealer and made my feelings about the cars history being withheld known!

As far as the car is concerned I feel a lot happier about it now. As advised I intend to get it out, get my top off and give it a damn good spanking ??

It was also like that in the 70’s Paul.

I recall very clearly awaiting my brand new Linwood built Chrysler Avenger 1600cc GL estate company car…a substantial upgrade from my pus-yellow Viva grief-box.

It all went pear shaped with chronic brakes, leccy issues, and God knows what else…especially when I discovered it had to be dragged out a muddy field adjacent to the dealership by tractor.

It went back to the dealer, I got another. It was absolute s*yte as well…but that was Linwood for you. Including the rear chrome bumper bolted upside down! 

Good man. . Nice to see you cheering up!

wise words - thanks Nick ??