New ND3 Revealed

Couldn’t see this posted elsewhere (apologies if that’s wrong)

Looks like a good refresh. Still a cracking looking car given its age.

1 Like

The revised head and tail lights look good :+1:

1 Like

The new grille, not so nice :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Looks like a radar in that new grille.

Edit: Clicked the link now and yes, a radar.

I fear the headlights incorporating the DRL makes them a bit anodyne and the rears look like an orifice … hopefully they look better in real life :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Yes slowly turning into KITT with all the electronic assistance.

1 Like

Also has a larger info sat nav system and extra 4 control switches now filling the six switch block to the right of the driver wireless car play etc etc but little or no power gan’s ……l think l will be keeping my ND2 :wink:

Yep the six switch panel has updated some of the functions depending on spec. Used to be DSC off, TPMS, iStop off, rear cross traffic alert, AFS off, and lane departure warning. Some of that has probably moved to the touchscreen menus.

Looks like physical switches are now iStop off, iActivsense beeps off, DSC track mode, Auto highbeam, Parking sensors off, and DSC

I wonder if driver will have to press the beeps off button every journey.

Thinner bezels on the instruments ? And - cripes- slightly different DRL? May the church bells ring out … The only remotely intriguing thing is some improvement to the steering , by far and away the worst feature of my MX5 ND .

This is pragamtic from Mazda. The electric tech just isn’t there yet but it doesn’t make sense to invest in an all-new platform that isn’t exclusively electric. I thought they would go hybrid as an interim step (they have used the technology in their Mazda3 Toyota lookalike) but it doesn’t look that way for the MX5. So a second facelift it is to buy some time, and it does look like a good one to be fair.

To be honsest the biggest update is the infotainment system, which will hopefully be faster than the thing they fit now.

i couldn’t spot any difference at the back of the car and the headlights are only minor change.

Do you think they’ll underseal the chassis as standard now!!

Your having a laugh aren’t you!!!
:hearts:

Of course it would only be a slight refresh at this stage of the ND life cycle.

Slight shame the radar sensor couldn’t be sited in the centre, but I’m guessing it would be too low if it was?

Watched someone on youtube last night trying to explain the changes to the LSD but it went right over my head.

You wish …

I know, I know…a Friday funny…

1 Like

I stand corrected - they ARE looking at hybrids after all for the NE generation:

Next Mazda MX-5 Miata Getting Hybrid Power To Meet Emissions Rules: Report (motor1.com)

The ND never floated my boat (too wide, and a bit over-aggressive* at the front) but I do think moving the DRLs is a good thing. They used to look like they’d been bought at Halfords and stuck on.

*ok, the Mazda 3 is even snarlier

Too wide? Gosh , mine feels narrow - apparently it’s about the same as an NC and a huge near two inches more than NA from 30 years ago …Any narrower mass produced modern sports cars?

1 Like

Have to agree with John, have you actually sat in one with a passenger, it is nearly as intimate as a 7.
:hearts: