New Steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels

Evening All

I am after a bit of your collective advice. I have an NC3 and have been getting serious “steering-wheel envy” from this thread.

The main issue I have with my standard wheel is I find it too thin and the external diameter is just a bit too big - measured it to be around the 365mm - 370mm.

I would like to send my standard wheel to a company like Royal or Brothers to be re-done. My question is…do these companies only re-contour and re-upholster the wheel? Are any of them able to make the wheel diameter smaller - I think I know the answer and feel stupid even asking but, I live in hope!

Ideally, I would like something like the original with the airbag but with a fatter rim and a diameter between 330mm to 350mm.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know they do flat bottom wheels, a member has had one altered to suit.
I think it would be difficult to reduce the diameter of the standard NC wheel, thinking about the spokes and the plastic inserts for the various controls on there.
I suppose anything is possible, it’s getting it done.

for new wheel (not retrim) I believe you are looking at something like this

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Yes, ideally I would love a 350mm or 335mm Guardian Designs. If money was no object…but at those prices I just can’t justify it.

Also, the car is mechanically good but far from a garage-queen. I will go with a Momo, Sparco, OMP and live with the no-airbag aftermarket look.

Thank you very much for your help. Having a friendly forum like this really does make such a difference.

assuming you have an NC or ND obviously you are aware that you will loose the buttons but the most important issue is that getting rid of the airbag is an mot failure (If the garage doing the MOT spots an airbag removed)