North West Norfolk Group - Eastern Region - Sunday 16th October - Run and Visit to Oxborough Hall

Good Afternoon

Following our goal of providing a schedule with something for everyone to enjoy, our next run and visit should fit the bill perfectly if you like twisty country roads, beautiful scenery, country houses, woodland walks and CAKE!

Leaving the Sainsbury’s Car Park on Scania Way, Hardwick Industrial Estate, King’s Lynn PE30 4LR at 10:45 we intend to follow a winding path along some of Norfolk’s finest backroads until reaching Oxborough Hall at around 12:00 midday, just in time for lunch.

Oxborough is a beautiful moated Manor House, set in over 130 acres of gardens, woodland and parkland. The Hall was built in 1482 for the Bedingfield Family, who still live in the private apartments to this day. Within the last 18 months it has undergone a huge £6 million pound renovation to its roof and upper floors, (some work continues, which may mean upstairs rooms could be shut at various times to allow work to continue safely).

Why not join us at our Kings Lynn rendezvous for a drive through part of North Norfolk, (one of England’s prettiest regions), and enjoy learning a little about one of its finest historic buildings. If however the journey to Kings Lynn is too far out of your way, why not arrange a run from your own area and meet us at the venue.

Full Details are as follows:
Start Point: Sainsbury’s Car Park on Scania Way, Hardwick Industrial Estate, King’s Lynn PE30 4LR
Meeting Time: 10:30
Depart: 10:45
Destination: Oxborough Hall, Oxborough, near Swaffham, Norfolk, PE33 9PS
ETA: 11:45 - 12:00
Admission NT Members: Free - None NT Members £8.50

Hope to see you on the 16th, Take Care.

Andy and Barry

The List.
Barry and Jenny (KL)
Andy and Jo (KL)
Roger and Ingrid (KL)
Mark Pratt (KL)
Mark and Carole (KL)
William and Lynda (KL)
Ray and June (KL)
John and Anne (KL)
Mick and Lynne (V)
Graham and Jackie (V)
Jeff and Maureen (V)
Henry and Christine (V)
Steve and Jill (V)
Steve and Donna (V)
Mandy and Jim (V)
Mark Wade?

Hi Barry/Andy, please add Ingrid and myself for this run.
Cheers, Roger

Hi Roger.

As always, you and Ingrid are more than welcome.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry & Andy

Please add me only to the list
Somewhere I have always wanted to visit, and not far from where I found my 5

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark

Something of a homecoming then? Always good to have you along.

Kind regards

Barry

Lynne and Mick would like to meet you at Oxburgh.

Hi Lynne and Mick

Look forward to catching up with you on the 16th.

Kind Regards

Barry

Hi Barry and Andy

Graham and Jackie would like to come along. We would meet you at Oxborough.

1 Like

Graham / Jackie

You are more than welcome to join us, see you on the 16th

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry and Jenny

Of course we would like to join you !!!

Cheers
Andy and Jo

If anyone else is not a National Trust member if you go onto the National Trust website they have an offer of free tickets for use at National Trust properties on or before 30 November 2022.

3 Likes

Hi Andy and Jo

Thought you might, but, you never know!

Just completed the final run through, 39.7 miles, approx 75minutes, I would class it as a medium / fast run, with lots of good country roads and lanes.

Kind regards

Barry

1 Like

Morning,

Can you add Maureen & Jeff please. Will tag along with Lynne & Mick

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff

Will do, good to have you along.

kind regards

Barry

Thanks barry chris & henry will be there

Hi Barry,
Please add Carole and Mark to your list.
We would love to join you.
Mark and Carole.

1 Like

Hi Barry,

Anne & John are keen to join the Run but suspect that Anne’s Sunday 9 AM visit to Addenbrookes Outpatients is likely to mean we shall probably join at Oxborough rather than earlier. We expect to clear the hospital before 10:30 but no certainty. If you think we could meet the KL run at a particular point en route, can you please advise. Also please can we ask approx. start time and location for the other Cambridge meeters who are planning to do a separate run to Oxborough.

Regards, from us both

Hi John, fingers crossed Addy’s works out OK for Anne and timings! We will sort out Cambs meet/timings at The White Horse on Tuesday, but probably about 11am at RL as it’s only 40 mins to OH from there.

See you Tuesday evening…

Hi Chris / Henry

Glad you can make it.

See you on Tuesday

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Mark / Carole

Wouldn’t be the same without you!

Kind regards

Barry