Official World Record Attempt. Elvington Airfield – Sunday 20th June, 2021

As I sit here having donned my recently delivered Record Attempt B-B-Cap, I see that my gate time at Elvington requires an earlier departure than previously planned(guessed!)
The new (ahem…) “comfort break” schedule is:
A50/A38 Services departing 0930
M1 Tibshelf North departing 1015
M1 Woodall North departing 1035
M1/M62 Ferrybridge departing 1120

I’ll be the one in the Grey B-B-Cap!!

1 Like

If you can get slightly further North an hour earlier:

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Iainf on here for his help in sorting out a last minute hiccup, amidst what must be a massive undertaking for all OC staff as it is! Thank you so much to all involved :+1::+1: Looking forward to the event now, more than ever :nerd_face::nerd_face:

Barrie

3 Likes

I’ll second that, a great job by Ian and everyone else involved in the organising the attempt. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

So my ND is due in for a service Monday but the service light has come on would I be safe to drive the 500 mile round trip to Elvington sunday

Yes!

Barrie

3 Likes

I’ve just reset the service schedule so all set for Sunday lol

1 Like

I’ve found the start time to be 12 noon. What is the finish time please so I can arrange insurance for my co-driver?

Ah now, that’s a how long is a piece of string question. Instructions on arrival, briefing and start times are in everyones packs and lots of factors will effect the running on the day. Suspect it will take until about 3/3.30pm, could be faster if we manage to complete the attempt early.

2 Likes

Hi all, would it be possible to announce the FM frequency to be used at the event, as i recall this caused some confusion at the last attempt :thinking:

It can only be confirmed when we have it, which is not yet. There will be signage on the day to confirm and we are looking at distributing a slip when record stickers are being handed to drivers. We will also ask drivers to check with the cars beside them if they have got it dialled in

I have just received all my passes and gate time for 12.15.

A nice gentle drive from Scarborough across The Wolds.

Look forward to seeing seeing everyone on Sunday :+1:

2 Likes

Ok just wondered :+1:

Record Attempt Sticker.

In your confirmation and update emails, we noted that the attempt commemorative stickers will be handed to drivers on the day once parked up, this was they had not arrived in time to go into the admin process to get the passes out in good time, which was more important.

3 Likes

Currently the forecast for Elvington is not looking wonderful around the time of the GWR parade lap attempts.
Heavy rain + Low speed = Soaked occupants and interior.
Does the number of convertibles still count if their hoods are up?

1 Like

If they all keep over 50mph…the rain will just shoot over the screen rail.
Allegedly.
Problem solved.

2 Likes

Great theory but…
50mph +, 2 car lengths apart (30 feet), wet surface = Aaarrrggghh!:astonished:
Mind you, that’s normal for some motorway drivers.

3 Likes

The weather keeps on changing, we are in England after all, so its not worth trying to second guess what the conditions will be like on Sunday. I will be there and prepared for a typical summers day!

2 Likes

The forecast here (Derbyshire) was rain all day, it’s lovely and dry but very humid. So things change around forecasts.

1 Like

We’ll have to see what the weather is like on the day but if it IS raining, there is no way my soft top is going down and getting everything wet

2 Likes