OXFORD area calling for new blood

I have been posting on this new forum now for a while and have spotted several members who live in Bucks and or Oxon area’s who I dont know… Hey i am calling you guys and gals, wanna come along and meet us all at our monthly meetings. We dont bite (Much)

Littlebury Hotel
Bicester

from 8:00pm each 3rd THURSDAY of the Month

Kings End
Bicester
OX26 6DR

Tel: 01869 252595

http://ox.mx5oc.co.uk/

Wazza, we don’t bite at all! Well, not for the first couple of meetings anyway!

Yep!! We are a great bunch in the Oxford area OC and have a lot of fun…come and join us if you are up for some [:D]

Better watch out Wazza, Jenny will be handing over the co-ordinator’s job to you if you’re not careful!!! [:|]

Hi all - newbie here (well at least I hope to be)…

Due to pick up my MK3 MX-5 from Pillings in MK 1st or 2nd week of March - absolutely thrilled and I cannot wait… [:D]

Live in Oxfordshire (Deddington) and have emailed Jenny & Steve to enquire about a couple more new members, so shall wait and see and look forward to joining you on a few events!

Cheers,

Quin

Hi i’m new to club aswell and yet to buy my MK1 yet. Many Mk1 owners in this area? Am very keen to have a guided tour round one by an enthusiast! I am from Aylesbury but at loughborough uni atm. Will be back from March 27th - April 27th for easter so hopefully make it along to one then [:)] Will keep an eye on this forum.

Hi Quin and woody, we look forward to meeting you whenever you can make it! But…you dont need to drive your 5 to the meeting if you havent got it yet…we will forgive you!

Hi Melody,

Thanks for the message - yes look forward to meeting you all as well - I was wondering if it would be a bit odd if I turned up my my MG rather than my 5 which I am still waiting to hear when delivery will be…

The meeting is this Tuesday in Bicester at the Littlebury is that right? I think I will pop along and introduce myself…

I heard from Steve that you have a run down to Mudeford on the South Coast on the 8th - would love to come along but dont think I’ll have my 5 by then!!

Hope to meet you soon!

Quin

Deddington, Oxfordshire, UK

Cheers for the welcome! Will definately try to make it along to a meet in my easter break!

Hi everyone.

Steve from Oxford here.  Bought my Mk1 last May, just waiting to get it back on the road after a winter break now.  Three weeks and counting.  Woody, would be more than happy to show you around a Mk1.  Will be passing through Aylesbury to Oxford, on my way from picking mine up from the parents in Bedford, on Easter Sunday about 11ish if you’re around.  Otherwise we can arrange something else, let me know when you’re free.

Hi Steve, Thanks for the offer and definately wanting to take you up on that! Will PM to sort it out. Regarding this next meet think i still be at uni but the one in april i should be ok to get to :slight_smile: Looking forward to meeting you all! May even have the mx5 by april!

Hi Quin,

Have you picked up your new car yet ? I passed a Copper Red MK3 near Baynards Green on Sunday evening and the driver waved at me with a big grin on his face - thought it might have been you ? I was in a green MK2.5.

Hope you’re enjoying the car.

Jeff

Hi Jeffers,

YES that was me - I did not see you until you were right up close, hence the frantic wave as we passed eachother!

I am SO pleased with the car, it’s great - and as the cliché goes “I should have got one long ago” [:D]

I am definately planning to attend the meeting in Bicester tomorrow evening so may see you there!?

Thanks again for the wave!

Quin

Hi Quin,

You certainly looked like you was enjoying yourself - that was the biggest wave I’ve ever had from another “5”. Can’t make the meetings unfortunately due to work at the moment, but will keep a look out for you around Banbury / Deddington.

Cheers

Jeff

HA… thanks Jeff [:D] Will look out for your [au] as well… Do you live in the Banbury Area?

It will be great to see some new faces…got some exciting things planned to discuss tomorrow night so see you all there! :slight_smile:

I plan to try make this tonight so keep a look out for me in a red yaris. Please come over and say hi as may be looking a bit lost! Looking forward to being shown some MK1’s [:)] Wont be able to stay too long as gota work on mates car so excuse the flying visit from me!

I guess people stay around outside and tire kick a bit first? Thats probably the only bit i’ll be able to stay for so i try get there in time for that part [:P]

Hi Quin,

Yep - am just down the road from you in Easington, so might see you around.

Cheers

Jeff

missed your post woody, we had already left, did you come over in the end? so many new faces this week!

Yup great Jeffers - look forward to it…

Also just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome at the meeting last night, even if I did ruffle a few feathers having the only 09 reg 5 in the carpark… [:D] Definately looking forward to Pooh Sticks next weekend and am just about to sign up for the email updates so I can get the other dates onto the calender!!

Oh and by any chance did anyone find a lone blue stripped scarf near where I was sitting, I think I left it behind…

Woody you missed a good evening, try to make the next one [:)]

Quin