Parking at Gaydon...

Arrived at Gayden just after 12 to be diverted to a dusty car park a fair walk away from the show…Whats happened?Never been to a show where this has happened.Not happy.

I had a couple of nice trips to the museum there a few years ago, but on the next occasion when I went (a weekday during school term-time) all of the car parks were absolutely chock full plus cars were parked haphazardly all over the grass, access roads etc.  There was nobody in attendance who I could ask about what was going on so I had no choice other than to turn round & go home - a wasted 200 mile round trip.

I emailed them afterwards & found that they’d been running a corporate event…   I know that they have to raise money somehow, but appeared to be planned very badly i.e. seemed to be no thought at all for folk who wanted to visit the museum.  Not been back since!

I’m afraid if you didn’t get there until 12pm then the main car parking area would have long since been full which is why you were directed to the overflow car park…

Sorry for not arriving at a National event until 12 but l wasnt told that actually parking in the show ground was on a 1st come 1st served basis…

1st is 1st, 2nd is nowhere, turning up approximately half way through an event that is obviously going to be extremely busy is your own lookout…

Pretty obvious really.

Gates open 10.30…we arrive 12…half way through show???By your reckoning the show lasted till 1.30…

So knowing that the gates opened at 10.30 and turning up at 12 you’re surprised because ?..

I can just imagine the mayhem it would cause if everyone arrived dead on 10.30…

Anyway,l would doubt that you even know where or how far away the car park was that we were sent to…because it wasnt the ones at the top of the hill,near the entrance…

Steve, while it must be disappointing that your expectations were not meet, why not look.at this another way. The MX-5 OC got around 2,500 MX-5’s attending the Rally, this is a good thing. 10 years ago 400 was considered pretty much a an act of god. Unfortunately if 2,500 cars turn up, some people are going to be parked further away than others and so will have to walk further. However, according to latest NHS figures, many people only get 20 minutes or so exercise a week, so walking is a good thing. On top of that think, you saved money on the petrol having to drive further to park. Saving money is a good thing, especially if you decided to buy an ice cream from the van. It was nice ice cream though, which is a good thing.  Having been involved in rallies for over 10 years now, this was a good one, with more stands and activities than most, plus the museum is very good. This is a good thing. Be happy, lots of good things happened today. 

I was appalled at the inadequate toilets in the museum. I had to queue behind 2people before I could have a pee. Not at all good enough

You’re absolutely right…last time I was at Gaydon I won the Mk3 Modified competition…

And don’t get me started on how long it took me to buy a cap from the club shop!!

Hi everybody,

I arrived at around 11am this morning and was parked very near to the entrance, it was great, I fell out of the car straight in to the centre of the show.

Thanks mx5 oc brilliant day.

i got there around noon too, i had to park in the furthest car park, ( first left at the entrance )
it was hardly a 5-10 min walk, it was nice to look at the other mx5’s parked up.
(the hi viz team were offering lifts to the elderly and infirm )

My Mrs wants to know if you went to the alternative rally?