Personalised Plates DVLA

I was just browsing through the available MX05… plates on the DVLA site for a ‘cheap’ £250 option. I found ROT and TOW. Could raise a smile but could be tempting fate :face_with_peeking_eye:. Any other budget gems out there that would suit a Five?

I’ve always bought direct from dvla registrations, no hidden fees like the others.

I’d choose something that doesn’t try and say MX5 and has 6 digits (no 1s) for symmetrical spacing and neatness :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can’t argue with symmetrical spacing and neatness :sunglasses: :+1:

Well it’s not a bargain at £1299, but MX54 NTS is available. Suggested because I looked at your profile and my thinking was MX5 ANT S.

I don’t know what your middle initial is but you might find MX5- A-S (fill in the blanks) or perhaps MX05 A-S.

A few people go down the route of MXV, MAZ, or even NC as a nod to the car.

I spend too much time on the DVLA registrations site :grimacing: and own several plates that mean something to me!

1 Like

RU57 YMX (Rusty MX) available at £599… I’ll stop now :joy:

5 Likes

To the gorgeous purple NB I saw in Colchester:

N9 VVT, I salute you. o7

Currently waiting for MX54 NDY to come up for auction, although I suspect I’ll be getting into a bidding war with someone…

Not me :joy:

I got mine from the DVLA site, really easy to deal with :+1:t2:

I wonder if something like NAM 147A or M147 ANA is available?

1 Like

There are a few options with M14TA in them…

Cool! A bit less obvious than mx5 based plates.

I got JB 52 AAA ( Her initials & Y.O.B) from the DVLA for £250.00 for her new Swift last year. Not really into the whole nonsense myself but she reckons it’s easier to spot Suzy in car parks as , frankly, there are so many cars the same colour and similar in size. If she’s happy, I’m happy. Kinda suits the wee devil now we are used to it.

1 Like

Shows us a photo of a single car in an empty car park :rofl:

Out of interest where’s the photo taken?
It reminds me of Cairn Lodge services and I haven’t been there since it was rennovated so I wondered if it was there?

3 Likes

Fair comment. That’s the Riverside restaurant nr Stirling Castle. I meet a friend every mongth for a half Scottish brekky, I’d only had the “Turbo Weapon” as I call it now a few days so I parked it Far from the Madding Crowd,…still a bit precious given it is 23k worth out my pension pot. Stupid price I thought at the time, but now we have blended with it… I now get what Suzuki have actually achieved. It’s talents run very deep tbh.

1 Like

Mine was from the cheap section… MX05 WEEeeeee I wasn’t looking to buy a plate, was just browsing on a rainy Boxing Day.

2 Likes

At my age these days that has rather a different meaning. :pensive:

8 Likes

Hi all, we have MY69JCC for sale at £550. It’s my other half’s initials and it was MY69 until he sold his car! I still have MY69SMF (my initials). Get in touch if interested

X M14TA X is still available. At £250 that’s a steal.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how you are valuing that at £550 when the DVLA still has lots of MY69 plates for sale at £399. The MY69 plates with higher values are likely to have a three letter word at the end.

Alas, my 07 NC can’t have that plate :sob:

1 Like