Pining for the fjords.....? (do you like it here)

Okay the title is pure clickbait… :slight_smile:

Is anyone pining for the old forum? We’re almost two months in, traffic levels and interaction are up (could also be a function of the current situation), complaints are down…

• This is better :slight_smile:
  • Take me back in time :frowning:

0 voters

Definitely better and invites more to join in I’ve noticed.
The current situation has of course brought more members together and on here, TBH I’m constantly looking in and posting more :+1:

Turned out OK, and getting used to it, its still informative, friendly , and light hearted I’m glad to say, and as already mentioned, due to the lockdown , I find myself looking in on the forum and posting more, as well as other pursuits like the dreaded decorating and mowing the lawn …, and of course cleaning the 5

Boz

I joined around the time of the transition ( forum not mine…:slight_smile: ) and no complaints from me

The reply function confused me (no quoting of the text you’re replying to by default), but the new site is far far better. :ok_hand:

Add a dot to the text you’re quoting and discourse treats it as a different or partial quote and displays it. I’ve never quite got the no quote quote logic…

. What like this?

Almost… reply to the post you want to quote and select the quote speech bubble (first icon) then add a dot (or otherwise adjust, shorten for example) the text you’re quoting.

Tried again… It worked! :smiley: Thanks Ian

I’ll try later.

Still undecided. Liked the one before last and took some getting used to the last one. Same again with this one. It’s the content and people that matter. Not voting because I’m so undecided I don’t want to skew the results.

Is this correct?
Edit… it wasn’t👎

Can’t understand it.

I may have cracked it👍

1 Like

Me too (if this works).

2 Likes

I was doing it correctly, my phone wasn’t.

That’s my excuse but true. The phone seems to act strangely at times, deleting apps, making strange notification noises I’ve never enabled. It’s still better than most I’ve had.

1 Like

I’d change the title, it wasn’t click bait for me, I purposely didn’t click it due to the title and now I have I realise that it should be a more replied to topic…

I am new so I have only seen the latest site. All seems to work as it should. And as posted above it is the friendliness and helpfulness of the members that matter most.

Definite improvement, IMHO, particularly attaching pictures to a post.

The only thing that I would like to be able to see is the active members list, sometimes found that handy if I wanted to contact someone.

I see the downloads section is now available on the main site, although not all the documents appear to be downloading though.

1 Like

So 91% of 23 people prefer the new improved forum with added photographs :sunglasses:

Far from scientific and a little bit of fun.