Prescott Hill Climb, Car Club Day - 2nd April 2023

I got an email about this event and see the MX5 Owners Club is mentioned as one of the clubs taking part.

Essentially you can book in for a few goes on the hill and there’s paddock parking available for the clubs involved.

Sounds like fun. Anyone from the Club know any more details?

2 Likes

Just a heads up. “Please note that all drivers and passengers must hold a valid 2023 RS Clubmans Licence issues from Motorsport UK.”
:heart:

1 Like

That level of license is free from Motorsport UK and available for online application :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Steve, did you get this as part of another Car club or a general Prescott mailshot?

1 Like

I think I saw it via Pistonheads originally.

Watching this topic, im going on Sat 1st for the pre season test day and staying in a b&b sat night. If there’s going to be a club prescence on Sun that would be great. Please post up any info
Cheers
Del

1 Like

Got my tickets for this. Should be fun.

1 Like

Did you just do a general booking, or attached to any particular car club?

I just joined the Northamptonshire branch mx5 club

So you booked the MX5 Owners Club Hill Runs, via the Prescott Hill Climb website, at £55?

The main purpose of this thread was to ascertain whether the Club knew anything about this event, as I didn’t want to book onto anything that wasn’t known about.

Yep that. Whats the worst that can happen? End up with the Pistonheads lot, but yes £55.

I must be missing something, but RS Clubman only seem to have the Scottish MX5 Hillclimb and Sprint Register listed as an ‘MX5’ club.

Which is a pity as I quite fancy a go or two up Prescott in my MX5, having done numerous competition runs up there on two wheels over the last 40 years.

I suspect old gimmers like me have to get a medical though. Time was I could carry on doing the occasional NHCA event just on a day ACU licence, but not once > 70.

The RS Clubman licence is free and requires no medical, just apply online and they will send you an email with the licence attached. That is all that you need to enter this event, as it is NOT a competitive event.
Go on you no it makes sense, you’r only young once.

I tried to apply online for the RS Clubman licence, but it wanted me to ‘Add a Club’ and Icouldn’t see ‘MX5 Owners Club’ Can’t justify joining yet another one (MX5OC, NHCA, VMCC, Morini Riders Club) just for this, though I suppose there might be other similar opportunities.

The ACU make you get one just for a ‘parade’ -
“A licence facilitating participation in
non-competitive parades, riders who are 70 years of age and over require a Medical Report…”

At least I could do the Prescott Bike Festival, as only Nora92 licence and anyone can get one (subject to medical declaration).

You do not have to add a club, once you have selected driver, passenger or both just go to ‘next’.

D’oh!

Thanks for the heads up.

I may very well enter the Prescott day, seeing as it doesn’t clash with any NHCA events locally.

1 Like

The MX-5 climb slots look to be sold out.

Yes, so I see. I went ahead and booked on before that happened, despite not fully knowing what affiliation there was to the Club!

It just seems odd that there was no information about this event either centrally, or via one of the regions. But a search yielded nothing, hence why I started this thread.

I know some of how this came to be, but not all of following arrangements, and can’t give you answers.

Unfortunately this has now sold out!