RAF Coningsby visit

Now Fully Subscribed!

At the planning meeting in January, I put forward the idea of a visit to RAF Coningsby to see the Memorial Flight. This was on the back of our successful visit to Scampton last year. As there seemed to be plenty of you interested I’ve made some enquiries. The visitor centre is only open during the week, so unfortunately we won’t be able to go along at a weekend, which I know was the preferred option for some of you. There is an admission charge of £8.50, but this is reduced to £7 for over 60’s, which will probably be most of us I guess.

Hopefully we can arrange something for a warmer day than we had at Scampton, so ideally it would be good to go in June/July/August if we can.

I’m also thinking of setting up a small run from a convenient meeting point and going along some Lincolnshire country lanes to Coningsby And maybe a pub lunch after the tour.  

If you’d like to go along, please add your name and the dates you’re away, so that I can hopefully arrange something to fit you all in.

Cheers

Martin  

Bryan Shaw - can’t do week 25

Hi Martin
I would like to go RAF Coningsby. Dates that I am not available are 7th June to 14th June and 19th July to 3rd August.
Regards
David

Well worth a visit for those interested and you get a guided tour with an ex RAF bod thrown in. There’s also the Bluebell Inn nearby that was frequented by aircrew during WW2 and is full of historic pics etc. Good grub too, but you’d probably need to book if there was a crowd going to eat. 

https://www.bluebell-inn.com/

Hi Martin :  Please add me to the list .  Dates away currently 7 - 15 Sept

Regards

Graeme

I would like to go if dates fit… mid July to mid August works for me if possible.

Dave W

Hi Martin.

Please add our names to the list. We’re not available first and last weeks in July.

Regards

Dennis & Lisa.

Hi Martin

Please add our names to the list. We are not available 26 July until 3rd August.

Thank you

Alan and Sam

Hi Martin put me down please but if it’s in the week Dorian will not be able to make it thanks James

Please add Reg & Lynn.

We are not available June 5th/6th or June 23rd - 29th.

Thanks

Hi Martin i’m Fairly easy anytime July or August just need as much notice as possible James

Pleas add John and Jan to the list for visit

Thanks

Jan x

UPDATE - I’ve checked out the available dates for Coningsby and you guys.

The best date is Weds 10th July. 

I’m putting together a little run to Coningsby, which I’m proposing to start from the A46/A1 roundabout in Newark. We’re still in the process of scoping this out, but we’ll probably need to be leaving there about 9am, so gathering for 8:30 - 8:45.

The tour will start around 10:15 and takes approx 2 hours.

For lunch, I’ve booked us into the Blue Bell Inn at Tattershall Thorpe, which has lots of memorabilia from the Dambusters raids.

The landlady has asked that we give her prior notice of numbers and requirements for lunch. She will be letting me have a menu in due course.

With this in mind, could all who’d like to go please confirm that you’ll be available and comfortable with these arrangements.

I’ll post full details of the exact rendezvous point and food options in the next few days. 

Cheers 

Martin 

10th July is great for me Martin

Please confirm me onto the list

Thanks

Dave W

Hi Martin,

Please add Alan & Sam to the list for the Run, Visit & Lunch.

Sounds great thanks.

Alan & Sam

Hi Martin

Please add Jan and John to the list for this visit and lunch.

Thanks

Jan x

Hi Martin
That is great for me will be coming with David Ward
Regards
David M

Hi Martin.

Just to confirm we are available and were on the initial list. Also please add us to the lunch. Thanks Dennis.

Count me in only James ??