Rear-ended - hit & run

Whilst waiting at road works SUV drove into me with the following results:-

The B£$%£$D then drove off. Checked the DVLA site. Not insured, Not taxed, MOT ok.

Oh no Roger, nightmare!

Hope your uninsured loss recovery is good and that the constabulary can help in some way.

2 Likes

What an ar$eh@le :rage::rage::rage:
People that do this should be banned for life :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:
They wouldn’t care if they had badly hurt someone :open_mouth:

Sorry for your car roger :red_car::red_car::frowning:

2 Likes

Mate. Hope you are ok neck wise! Exactly what happened to me in my first mk1!

1 Like

More like they should have their Rollox hacked right off.
Sorry to see you injured car

2 Likes

Bliddy Hell.
Just to note…there will be forensic traces on your car that can be matched up if they get the mutant. I presume you have notified the Police.

2 Likes

Probably texting.
Hope the cops are on it…

2 Likes

Witness phoned the police, they gave her an incident number for me and said that I should fill in an on-line incident report, which I did and it took best part of 45 mins, they didn’t come out and they haven’t contacted me either! No wonder people don’t bother with MOT/Tax/Insurance, they know the chances are nothing will happen to them!!

2 Likes

Buggah! They need locking up!
A good police attention-getter is to call an ambulance complaining of neck strain/whiplash. Did you do so at the time?
A RTC with no injury may get simply ‘filed’, but one resulting in personal injury is not usually ignored.

3 Likes

That did cross my mind, but I wasn’t suffering and in the current situation with the ambulance crews run off their feet and huge queues at the hospitals I decided it would be an unnecessary and selfish thing to do.

14 Likes

Sad to see your lovely car like that Roger. If you have an incident number that’s a start. Hope your insurance company provide good service. I would imagine you’re pretty shaken, I know I would be. My experience of SUVs is not good, especially around the narrow lanes near where I live…they think they own the road and drive down the bloody middle at speed. At least you’re ok. MX2000 / Roger

1 Like

Noble of you, Roger.
If the ambo crews are over stretched, the control room will frequently dispatch a police patrol car instead, and that should get their attention…
A bit late now, I know…Every sympathy; it’s happened to me twice before.

1 Like

Hope you are ok?
Perfect race car fodder…

1 Like

When you think things can’t get any worse, what a sh1tter, our hearts go out to you.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope you are able to get it sorted

1 Like

Truly sorry to read this post, Patricia and I hope you can find the culprit, the photos look very bad for a repair and looks like an insurance write off?

1 Like

So sorry to see your car looking this way - It always seems like, us, good law abiding decent people pay the price for the actions of despicable lowlifes… Hope you are doing ok and can get it sorted…

2 Likes

Hope you are OK.

Strong chance that the current owner is not the registered keeper, who will know nothing about it.

The offending vehicle was eventually found (by me) when this happened to me about 20 years ago. The police spoke to the lady outside whose caravan the car was parked, who said she had not been driving the car at the time of the accident as she had lent it to a Scotsman called Jimmy, whose surname she did not know, and who had, she thought, moved to Liverpool.

Unknown to me, my insurers put the the matter in the hands of solicitors as I had legal cover. I only found out about this when, 3 years later, the solicitors wrote to me to say they were regretfully dropping the case as they had been informed that “Jimmy” had died!

Good luck. Get it written off if you can.

2 Likes

Agree with the above, look for a large group of " Hobby" caravans and you may find the culprit.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this - that’s awful Roger. Hope things get sorted out soon.

1 Like