Recommendations/Reliable Installer - Reversing Camera

I am considering the mx5parts “Reversing Camera, MX5 Mk4” for installation in an Exclusive-Line model.

Can anyone recommend a reliable installer please, ideally in the vicinity of Henley/Marlow/High Wycombe?

Any idea what the installation cost might be?

Thanks in advance.

There is a video on their site which is good. It is for a left hand drive so you have to dismantle from the near side on our cars.
Also Roadie used to sell these and will probably be able to send you his instructions which are for a right hand drive car. (Just do a search and send him private message.)
Armed with this information any reasonably competent person can do the job, I even managed it without any disasters.
:heart:

3 Likes

I’ve done this a few times now, between the video and @Roadie instructions (which are linked in the embedded post below) it’s not too difficult if you take your time and watch out for sharp edges.

Nobody should charge more than 2 hours to do it.

3 Likes

Link to my instruction sheet here -

I found this video helpful when I installed my rear view camera: ND MX-5 Miata Rearview Camera Installation - YouTube

Many thanks for all the replies, I had previously watched the video and reviewed the instructions, and self installation is a possibility.

However I would like to investigate the possibility of a professional installation on the basis that (1) I am unlikely to have sufficient time due new job (2) risk of voiding the car warranty.

Hence any recommendations regarding a reliable installer, ideally in the vicinity of Henley/Marlow/High Wycombe, would be much appreciated.

Finally plucked up that courage and installed the cam myself after watching the Flying Miata video several times.

These are my further suggestions for anyone considering installation (ND model):
(1) gloves - use them whilst fishing the wires, I can confirm that there are lots of sharp unfinished edges, I managed a small but unpleasant cut to my hand
(2) plumbing pipe cleaning coil - I used one of these springy gizmos to fish the wires behind through the dashboard and from the cabin to the boot and through the bumper
(3) license plate lights - have clips on the left & right extremities, not facing the centre line, so unclip via the outward ends
(4) pushing the electrical connector and the locking cap through the rubber grommet in the boot is a real pain. Best to roll up the tube on the grommet to get the cap through
(5) suggestion for IL Motorsport - swap around the connectors on the 2 sets of wires so that it is not necessary to push that locking cap through the grommet.

3 Likes

Another handy hint for poking through from the cabin to the boot. It’s very much a prod and hope trying to find a gap. Put a torch in the boot pointing in the right direction. Then you can ‘go towards the light’!

1 Like