Regarding Geoff Walton

Morning all, bad news I am afraid, my father Geoff Walton passed away yesterday morning, I know he spent a lot of time on this site, and was an ardent MX5 fan for many years!

5 Likes

Very sorry for your loss, Geoff was a big part of the Club and will be missed by many.

I know he had commented in a recent message that he hadn’t been well for a while.

Very sad news, RIP Geoff.

Sad news indeed. My condolences.

Sad news indeed,
He only posted a few weeks ago on a thread I posted on.
Condolences to his family :broken_heart:

That’s very sad news. Geoff was very free with helpful advice over the years. My condolences to your family.

Thats terrible news! Years ago, before I ever joined the club, his name popped up all the time, answering questions etc. One of the first ‘familiar’ names I remember. Very sad.
RIP.
Barrie

Sorry to hear your sad news, my condolences.
Dave

Very sad news! He was a great character and contributor! We will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to the family.
Roger

Thankyou Gents, all a bit of a shock, he was admitted to hospital with ongoing heart issues, further tests revealed he was riddled with cancer, those that knew my father know what a stubborn old bugger he was, was told he had six weeks max, he said what a waste of time, don’t bother with the meds, a decision I completely agreed with, he died 12 days later, his will states no funeral, as he put it, just stuff me in the oven and have done ! Miss him already!

10 Likes

Very sorry to hear the sad news. My condolences to you and your family.

What terribly sad news. Geoff, more than anyone else is the reason I stuck with the Club, he was my mentor as a new member and then as an AC. I can still remember the very first time I spoke to him on the phone one evening about coming along to an Eastern Region meeting, back in summer 2003. He was most welcoming and said the Club were always looking for people to help out, and looked what became of me!

RIP Geoff my old friend.

1 Like

Sad time, sorry for your loss :disappointed:

I met Geoff at the Prescott National Rally 2012, Geoff on a UK visit. We had a most interesting chat about supercharging MX5s, (at the time I had a Mk2.5 with a Mini M45 supercharger).
Geoff advised me not to go chasing more & more BHP & torque at the expense of reliability…
I should applied his sound advice!!
He showed me a picture of his Jackson supercharged blue & white MK1 taken in Queensland.
“Stuffed in the oven” Good Way Geoff.

Keith

Very sad news

A genuine OC legend. Very sad news. Love to all his family.

1 Like

I must have known him for the best part of 20 years, though only actually physically met once or twice. A genuine shock, and RIP.

Another sad loss to the MX5 community.
I only met Geoff once when a bunch of us West Londoners were visiting the region and tagged on to one of the Eastern region’s outings.

RIP Geoff and condolences to his family and friends.

Helen

1 Like

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I always enjoyed Geoffs knowledgeable posts. Condolences to all who knew him

Sorry, but I did not know Geoff. Obviously a very pragmatic gentleman as well as being a very respected member of the MX5OC. Condolences to his family and friends.